Breakthrough ACTION is a five-year cooperative agreement from the United States Agency for Interational Development (USAID) to lead their social and behaviour change (SBC) programming around the world through a partnership led by Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (JHU CCP). Through funding from the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) Breakthrough ACTION implements programming to improve capacity to effectively address high-risk behaviours associated with six priority zoonotic diseases and other emerging threats and to address the World Health Organisations (WHO) international Health Regulations (HR) core capacity of risk communication in Ghana
In addition to GHSA work, in November 2019, USAID provided bridge funding to Breakthrough ACTION’s to implement SBC activities in five priority regions to increase demand for and use of key health interventions
covering family planning, prevention, and treatment of malaria, maternal neonatal and child health and nutrition. Following the outbreak of COVID
19 Breakthrough ACTION received funding from USAID to support the Ghana Health Service and the Ministry of Gender. Children, and Social Protection with SBC materials and risk communication support To reinforce procurement capabilities. Breakthrough ACTION is seeking applications from experienced and suitably qualified professionals for the
position of Procurement Officer. The position will be based in Accra POSITION SUMMARY
The Procurement Officer will support activities related to the procurement of materials, services supplies, and equipment in accordance with JHU CCP Breakthrough ACTION. USAID and any other donor regulations in support of Breakthrough ACTION programmes both domestic and international The role performs central functions under JHU CCP Ghana’s Breakthrough ACTION activities. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist Management in the development, management, implementation and evaluabon of appropriate systems, programmes services related to the procurement function.
• Support the procurement activities for JHU-CCP Ghana’s
Breakthrough ACTION activities at the country office in accordance with the Ghana JHU-CCP Operational Manual and USAID rules and regulations.
• Liaise with the Chief of Party/Deputy Chief of Party, Programme Officers, and finance team to establish and secure project purchase needs
• Manage sourcing activities for a variety of commercial goods end services, including consultancies and media buys.
• Conduct market research, identify and recommend potential vendors and suppliers both domestically and internationally:
• Generate solicitations and agreements for commercial goods and services and liaise with the Deputy Chief of Party and Human Resource and Administration Manager to facilitate procurements and
contracts with service providers and vendors
• Conduct competitive procurement actions. including Request for Quotation (RFQ), Request for Proposal (RFP), bid evaluation process, and cost/price analysis
• Effectively negotiate prices and torms to assure value for money.
• Prepare Selection Memos for review by supervisor
• Assure compliance with USAID and JHU-CCP policies.
• Process purchase orders in a timely and efficient manner
• Conduct Procurement Committee secretary activities organise meetings and keep all relevant documentation in order.
• Ensure all required documentation is approved by COP prior to purchase end guarantee appropriate filing.
• Ensure proper procurement documentation and filing system is in place as per JHU CCP Breakthrough ACTION regulations and guidelines for the movement (purchasing dispatching and receipt of
goods services etc.
• Recommend appropriate purchasing approaches and strategies to reduce cost and guarantee quality
• Update the suppliers and vendors list on a semi- annual basis.
• Ensure accurate inventory of all items is kept, both in storage and office REQUIREMENTS
• Sound judgment ability to extract, interpret, analyse, and format data and to resolve operational problems
• Ability to work with accuracy under time constraints and pressure to deal patiently and tactfully with staff members and others and to have a high sense of confidentiality, initiative, and good judgment
• Good administrative and supervisory skills, ability to plan and organise work and to train and motivate support and administrative staff in a country office
• Familiarity with procurement laws of Ghana & USAID Procurement guidelines Qualification Required & Experience PREFERRED QUALIFICATION
• degree in Business Administration, Procurement, Purchasing & Supply, Finance or related field
• At least 3 years relevant experience in Procurement, Finance and/or
• Logistics preferably in the development sector.
• Excelent English writing skills .
• Ability to work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow, and to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Willingness to travel to project field sites as assigned.
• Experience with USAID funded projects
• Experience working with an international organization. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should submit a covering letter and curriculum vitae/resume and 3 professional references outlining relevant experiences to: [email protected]
with the subject title as “Application Procurement Officer” Closing Date:
18 February, 2021