Procurement Officer Project:
ComCashew EU REACH Reports To:
Finance & Administrative Manager Contract Duration:
Ends on 31.12.2021 (subject to renewal) Location:
Wa, Upper West Region Project Brief:
The ComCashew-EU REACH project aims to enable a sustainable and inclusive improvement in the rural economy through enhanced implementation of gender-sensitive climate change adaptation and mitigation practices in at least 200 Communities in the Joint Programme Area of the EU Ghana Agriculture Programme (EUGAP) by 2024. The project will increase agricultural incomes, promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth in rural communities of the Joint Programme Area by 2024. Scope of the Role:
To achieve the above objectives, the project requires the services of an experienced Procurement Officer who will primarily be tasked with purchasing materials and equipment for the project in accordance with GIZ rules and regulations. Your Task
• Procure materials and equipment locally, monitor markets, issue invitations to tender and processes orders in accordance with GIZ regulations.
• Prepare contracts for short-term Consultants / Appraiser / Local Subsidies / Financing agreements.in accordance with GIZ regulations.
• Accept goods, inspects delivery, and ensure receipts are documented, and goods received checked appropriately.
• Contact suppliers of defective goods delivered and arrange necessary follow-ups.
• Check goods invoices, goods inwards receipts and other (delivery) papers and payment instruction.
• Advise the project regarding complex procurement cases.
• Advise on housing issues, rental agreements, generator policy, reimbursement of security costs.
• Monitor the fleet of vehicles, ensure the renewal of road worthy certificates, vehicle insurance and other operational activities.
• Assist in and/or carry out other office activities and tasks. Qualification Required & Experience Your Profile
• BA/MSc in Purchasing and Supply or Supply Chain Management or Business administration
• At least 5 years professional experience in a comparable position and excellent knowledge of procurement procedures
• Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software) and computer applications (e.g., MS Office)
• Very good knowledge of the English language, knowledge of German is an add advantage.
• Highly organised and able to work with little supervision.
• Ability to work within or without a team.
• Ability to multitask and deliver within timelines set.
• Very good communication (written & verbal) skills.
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Willing to update skills as required by the tasks to be performed and agreed with management. Location:
Upper West Region How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: [email protected]
under the Job Code 2021/EU-REACH/03/01
. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful. Closing Date:
31 March, 2021
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.