GIZ is a public-benefit federal enterprise. We work on behalf of the German Government and support many public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for Decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance. Scope of the Role
• We are looking for an experienced procurement officer to join our Country Office procurement team.
• The incumbent provides procurement services in accordance with GIZ policy and standards; administering logistics and contract management services; providing guidance, advice, and support to ensure procurement processes are effective, efficient, transparent and provide the best overall value to GIZ, all while ensuring excellent client service internally.
• Additionally, the procurement Officer supports the Manager in the discharge of responsibilities, develops new tools and training sessions, applies procurement best practices, and performs other duties as assigned.
• The ideal candidate for this role should possess a high work ethic, excellent communication skills, knowledge of procurement regulations, and excellent interpersonal skills. Your Tasks Purchasing, procurement:
• In accordance with GIZ regulations and in consultation with Head Office, executes local procurement of materials, equipment, and services, invitations to tender and order processing
• Maintains data relevant for procurement and tenders in ProSoft,
• checks invoices for goods, vouchers, payment instructions and complaints
• Organizes the safe transport of gods to destination Customs declarations:
• Processes customs declaration procedures (duty-free import of goods, entering information in customs declaration database, producing statistics)
• Monitors and processes clearing of goods Vehicle registration:
• Participates in the entire process of vehicle registration (initial registration and documentation of both private and official
vehicles, tax and insurance issues with project vehicles), new registration and insurance.
• Assists with processing accident insurance claims against local and German insurance companies, in cooperation with GIZ Head Office Qualification Required & Experience
• MA/MBA/master’s degree
• At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Solution-driven mindset
• Ability to organize workload, and deliver under the pressure of deadline
• Detail oriented
• Knowledge of procurement laws and regulations
• Excellent knowledge of the English language; French and German are advantageous Our Offer:
• Competitive GIZ salary grid (Ghana), SSNIT, Health Insurance as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus.
• Two years contract (Subject to Renewal) Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: [email protected]
under the Job Code 2021/CO/12/02
. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider application unsuccessful. Closing Date:
05 January, 2022 GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.