The West African Health Organization (WAHO) is the health institution of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) charged with leadership and coordination of health improvement programs across the ECOWAS region. WAHO is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the underlisted vacant position: Procurement Officer Role Overview
• Under the supervision of the Administration & Human Resources, the Procurement Officer has the responsibility to manage the routine procurement activities of the organisation from the preparation of tender requests, opening of bids, establishment of purchase orders and monitor the delivery of goods, works and services. Role And Responsibilities
• Prepare a comprehensive Annual Procurement Plan for WAHO.
• Ensure the execution of the procurement activities according to the approved Procurement Plan.
• Prepare bidding documents, contracts, terms of reference, purchase orders, suppliers’ bills and other procurement documents.
• Ensure that requisitions are proactively identified and met.
• Keep track of the status of each procurement process– from request to delivery or receipt by the requester – ensuring that priorities are met.
• In liaison with Finance, ensure timely funding, and/or resolution of any funding issues in relation to procurement activities.
• Develop a detailed level of material knowledge for designated ranges of products within allocated groups of products/materials.
• Maintain awareness of market conditions, including source lists, price, availability and competitiveness and ensure that costs are fair and reasonable prior to approving any purchase.
• Check specifications for goods and Terms of reference for services ensuring compliance with set standards, regulations, procedures and process requisition in accordance with ECOWAS and donor policies and procedures for Goods, where applicable.
• Maintains adequate vendor documentation and/or specifications on sources of supply, costs, delivery, vendor performance ratings, and quality requirements.
• Analyze all requisition documentation for proper material descriptions, budget authorization and cost center conformity.
• Prepare periodic, quarterly, annual procurement reports covering service ordering, order tracking, purchase orders and contracts, service order delivery scheduling and costs.
• Establish a performance monitoring database for all suppliers and consultants, and ensure efficiency and timeliness in the delivery of outputs from services providers.
• Establish and maintain a central procurement filing system, and ensure all related documents are included in the respective files, to ensure ease of retrieval of information.
• Perform other related duties as may be assigned by supervisor. Qualification Required & Experience Education:
• A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or Finance or a related field from a recognized university. Experience:
• 5 to 7 years’ of progressive relevant experience in any of the these areas Administration, Procurement, Financial Management, Procurement Tender Code and demonstrated professional competence and mastery of subject matter policies and procedures; demonstrated ability to provide technical advice on a broad range of procurement areas.years of progressively responsible experience in finance, administration, budget, business administration or a related area; experience working in a finance unit in an International Organization, NGO or Multilateral Aid Agencies etc; experience working with financial processes of pooled funds;
• knowledge of procurement policies, processes and procedures and of purchasing and accounting techniques; good judgement and knowledge of financial rules and regulations; ability to research and gather information from a variety of sources;
• ability to research, collect, record, and preserve all relevant internal control measures and information (including electronic format) ensuring that a comprehensive information chain is established and maintained;
• knowledge of all operational processes to identify and evaluate weaknesses in surveillance controls; ability to strengthen processes to actively mitigate/eliminate potential for non-compliance and breech of ethics; ability to create pattern analysis and statistical models of processes and controls to detect anomalies/weaknesses. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants are advised to download the Job Application Form (click below on “Job Application Form”). All applications must be sent electronically to the email address: [email protected]
Each application must include:
• A Completed Job Application Form (click here)
• A Cover Letter of not more than one page on the motivation for the post
• A signed up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
• A certified copy of Birth Certificate GENERAL CONDITIONS
Candidates must be ECOWAS citizens and must not be more than 50 years of age at the time of recruitment (the age criteria does not apply to internal candidates). Submitted Documents will not be returned; and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing Date:
09 April, 2022