Under the supervision of the Head of the procurement Division, the Procurement Officer has the responsibility for the management of the daily procurement activities in the division from the request to the delivery of goods, works and services. Duties and Responsibilities
• Executes procurement plans to support business and operational needs based on requirements stated in the business plans and budgets of departments.
• Prepare bidding documents, terms of reference, purchase orders, proposed contracts, suppliers’ bills and other procurement documents, as directed by the Head of Procurement.
• Ensures the needs of requestors are proactively identified and met, taking appropriate actions by handling request orders, supporting tendering/bid management processes, price management, service delivery, vendor management and communication efforts with suppliers.
• Keep track of the status of each procurement – from request to delivery or receipt by the requester – ensuring that priorities are met.
• In liaison with Finance, ensure timely funding, and/or resolution of any funding issues in relation to procurement activities.
• Develop a detailed level of material knowledge for designated ranges of products within allocated groups of products/materials.
• Maintain awareness of market conditions, including source lists, price availability and competitiveness, and ensure that costs are fair and reasonable prior to approving any purchase.
• Check specifications for goods and Terms of reference for services ensuring compliance with set standards, regulations, procedures and process requisition in accordance with related ECOWAS and donor policies and procedures for Goods, Works and Intellectual Services.
• Maintains adequate vendor documentation and/or specifications on sources of supply, costs, delivery, vendor performance ratings, and quality requirements.
• Analyse all material requisitions for proper material descriptions, budget authorisations and cost centres, which the purchases are being charged.
• Produce/provide periodic updates and required management reports covering service ordering, order tracking, purchase orders and contracts, service order delivery scheduling and costs.
• Maintain a central register of main contracts to accurately record the status of contracts with suppliers, develop appropriate database for key suppliers, main contractors and Consultants and track service level agreements with vendors, Contractors and Consultants. Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Purchasing & Supplies, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Social Sciences or equivalent.
• At least five (5) years experience in Procurement with experience of procurement procedures of development partners( World bank , AFDB, European Union).
• Must have good writing and computer application skills;
• Possession of a higher degree will reduce the number of years’ experience to three (3). COMPETENCIES
• A good knowledge and understanding of the procurement process, sourcing, tendering methods and tender documents;
• Understands negotiation principles and techniques;
• Ability to develop strategic relationships with key suppliers and to maintain supplier development techniques;
• Ability to plan and organise the procurement process;
• Understanding of the importance of Audit and financial compliance and its impact on the procurement process;
• A good knowledge of inventory, Logistics and Supply Chain processes;
• A good understanding of Costing Methods;
• Knowledge of World Bank, EU and other donor procurement processes and principles would be an advantage. Age
The officer should not over 50 years old at the point of recruitment and must be a citizen of one of the ECOWAS member states. Language
Must be fluent in one of the official languages of the Community: English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage. Annual Salary:
USD 36,901 - USD 44,469 Location:
Abuja, Nigeria How To Apply For The Job
Applicants may use the application form to apply indicating the position(s) they are interested in. Interested candidates should download the application form
, fill it and send it together with their CV as an email attachment to the following email address: [email protected] Closing Date:
30 June, 2015
• Applicants should indicate in the body of their forwarding mail, the title(s) of the position(s) they are applying for.
• NB: PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH YOUR CERTIFICATES TO THE APPLICATION EMAIL.
• ANY APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER THE VACANCY CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
• Applicants experiencing difficulties sending their application with a hotmail or windows live email account should forward their application via other mail providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Applicants may also call +2347034188920
for further information.
• Applicants may also call +2347034188920
for further information. Please call this number from Monday to Friday between 9AM and 5PM (GMT+1).