ALCO Administrative and Financial Manager
Two (02) years, renewable
Job start date:
February 1, 2016
Background and Justification
• The Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization (ALCO) is sub regional intergovernmental organization which was established in 2002 with the mission of reducing HIV impact on interregional trade in West Africa. In fact, in view of the increase of migrations on main roads and fostering economic growth, the Heads of States of member countries namely the Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin and Nigeria put in place this organization to facilitate road transit and transport as well as the development and implementation of a sub regional HIV/AIDS response.
• During its first ten (10) years of service provision, ALCO largely contributed to the improvement of border posts environment and hospital infrastructures from Abidjan to Lagos, STIS and AIDS treatment, as well as the reduction of travelers’ transit time.
• Within the framework of the New Funding Mechanism, the Global Fund (GF)grant allocated to ALCO took new directions. This grant focuses on a gradual transition of HIV prevention services to national programs and a reposition of interventions toward strengthening community system as well as the defense of human rights. The grant covers the period from 2016 to 2018.
• Aware of the challenges in the framework of the implementation of this grant, ALCO undertook actions in order to efficiently manage the resources which will be made available in the framework of this funding. To this effect, ALCO is recruiting a Procurement Specialist who will be based at ALCO’s headquarters in Cotonou/Benin
Description of duties
Under the supervision of the Administrative and Financial Manager, the Procurement Specialist will work in close collaboration with ALCO’s Experts (Health, logistics, Monitoring Evaluation, finance etc.)
He will be particularly carry out the following duties:
• Develop the specifications of contracts to be awarded in the framework of GF project
• Participate in the whole procurement process from the opening of tenders to the conclusion of contracts
• Monitor the implementation of contracts;
• Develop appropriate supply procedures according to the standards of Global Fund, the World Bank, and other potential partners
• Update procurement plans;
• Ensure proper receipt of goods and monthly reports;
• Inspect and submit to the Executive Secretary (for approval) performance contracts and contracts award letters
• Supervise and coordinate the preparation of periodic reports related to procurement
• Check and submit for the approval of the Executive Secretary bids opening reports as well as offers analysis reports;
• Prepare resupply requests; and both national and international calls for tenders. Ensure deadlines of various steps of the call for tenders. Create tenders evaluation committees. Participate in the evaluations of tenders and draft reports accordingly.
• Develop in collaboration with concerned colleagues the terms of reference for experts in short terms, and prepare contracts to be submitted to the ES appreciation
• Ensure that all procurement related documentations are available and comply with the requirements of GF and development partners;
• Draft required contracts and reports for the approval of the ES; assess the performance of suppliers and intermediate procurement partners.
• Must have good communication and drafting skills.
• Must have good control of ALCO working languages (English and French) and excellent computer skills
Qualification Required & Experience
Required profile and competence
• Must hold a graduate degree in Management, Business Law or any other related field of education
• Must have additional training in Procurement
• Must have proven five (05) years professional experience in a similar post ;
• Must have at least 3 years experience in a project funded by a partner in development; prior experience in a management unit of Global Fund is an asset
• Must have very good computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Must have good drafting and communication skills
• Must have excellent French skills and good command of English
• Must be a national of one of the five countries of the Abidjan-Lagos Corridor
• Must be able to work under pressure and have team spirit and initiative.
• Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae, a letter of motivation, a copy of their degrees, three professional references and their expected salary range to:-
22 December, 2015
Only preselected candidates will be contacted