ROLE PROFILE Job Title:
Production Manager Reports To:
General Manager Direct& Indirect Reports:
Relationships (Key Internal & External Stakeholders: All Atlantic Quarry Staff Location:
Atlantic Quarry Site, Dawa Date:
March 2021 Purpose of role:
• To ensure the effective coordination of the processes and production,from the quarry pit to the crushed aggregates chippings; that the produced chippings meet the quality standards; and to ensure that the cost of production remains within the established budget. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure Production planning by ensuring that the Quarry's production levels are effectively maintained and as per standard requirement.
• Effectively managing all mining activities including but not limiting to pit management, blasting, drilling and materials haulage to crushers.
• Ensure effective crushing of aggregates to meet the established standards, as well as thequality control on the chippings.
• Responsible for the production schedule and production targets.
• Ensure that standard operating procedures (SOP) are available and adhered to
• Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures
• Conducting Financial Cost Management tasks by estimating and setting production costs and budgets and implementing cost control programs
• Coordinate the uninterrupted replenishment and availability of the needed materials and consumables for productions, and to avoid downtimes due to shortages. These include fuel, blast and drill materials.
• Collaborate effectively with the support services staff on the company for efficiency in your activities. These include Sales,Procurement, Human Resource, Safety and Accounts.
• Liaise with Plant Manager for plant availability and ensure that annual sales and production targets are met.
• Ensure the daily quantification of the produced chipping in accordance with company regulations.
• Send weekly and monthly reports on activities.
• Any other related duties assigned by your superior. Qualification Required & Experience Technical Competencies:
• Degree in Engineering, preferably in mining
• Minimum of 5 years in mining or quarry operations, and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
• Must posses a mining/blasting certification.
• Knowledge and experience in mining processes and techniques
• Knowledge and experience in quarry management would be an advantage
• Knowledge of quality systems and standards
• Knowledge of process improvement techniques
• Knowledge of engineering and technology principles and practices Core Competencies:
• Customer Centric
• Team Work
• Communication Skills
• Decision Making
• Strategic Perspective
• Result Orientation
• Networking Location:
Dawa - Aflao road How To Apply For The Job
Email address to send job to: [email protected] Closing Date:
12 March, 2021