• To manage the production plant resources effectively, to meet the company’s manufacturing requirements/targets through leading, planning and evaluating of operations whiles providing leadership for the plant team to ensure consistent customer satisfaction OTIF.
• To manage, direct and provide effective leadership in the aspect of SHE and quality management to meet production and legal requirements in keeping with company targets The principal accountabilities of the successful applicant will include:
• To ensure that SHE requirements are met always, and to improve SHEQ profile for all plants to meet corporate requirements, safe operating of all plants and personnel.
• To plan and conduct Quality Audits and ensure that all non – conformances both internal and external are closed out within the required time limits so as to meet company requirements.
• To improve people performance and capability taking into account career progression and business needs and ensure that subordinates are trained with the specific skills needed for their jobs to enhance the competencies of the workforce thereby improving the quality of service given to our customers.
• To achieve expected plant efficiency by implementing manufacturing policy, identify capacity needs, evaluate daily production and develop production superintendent and supervisors trouble shooting capability so as to continually improve the efficiency of the plants at an optimum cost.
• To meet customer requirements within agreed parameters and implement quality management system by assisting the Quality Officer to conduct investigation of customer complaints so as to ensure reduction of waste at the plants, and improve the customer satisfaction index.
• To assist in the preparation of production /operations budgets and control cost within same and manage plant level operating costs within budget and rolling forecast to ensure we do not exceed the agreed expenditure, and keep operating costs to the minimum.
• To produce report on all areas as required to guide management for efficient operations
• To perform any other duties within the competencies of the incumbent as the exigencies of the job require to ensure efficient and continuous business operations Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a university degree or appropriate tertiary qualification in Engineering, Physical Sciences or relevant field
• Minimum of 5-7 years of proven relevant production, quality management or SHE management experience in a relevant industry
• A statutory holder of certificate of competency or professional qualification as Safety practitioner and/or quality management practitioner
• A business qualification to demonstrate thorough knowledge in total quality management processes and systems, six sigma and production processes and project management will be an advantage
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), Excellent Inter-personal skills
• Strong leadership and coaching skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills, Good customer relationship management skills
• Excellent reporting skills Location:
Bogoso, Western Region How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons should apply in writing plus a CV to: The Human Capital Manager, AEL Mining Services, P.O. Box 58, Bogoso, Ghana
All submissions should be sent by attachments electronically to: [email protected] Closing Date:
01 November, 2015