Summary of position:
The High Commission of Canada in Accra, Ghana is soliciting applications for Clerk level positions. Clerk level positions may work in various sections of the mission (administration, immigration etc.) and undertake tasks such as providing clerical services, assisting with case processing, providing and creating information and/or documentation; providing support for ongoing program activities; responding to requests from clientele and performing other duties as required. Essential qualifications:
• Applicants must clearly and explicitly demonstrate in both his/her application letter and résumé that he/she meets the essential qualifications on education, language and experience criteria listed to be screened into this competition. Only candidates that meet the language, experience and education qualifications will be invited for assessment. Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum a diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution. Languages:
• Fluency in English (oral & written) Experience:
• Recent significant experience working in an office environment in a support capacity.
• Recent significant experience in use of computers including MS Office and internet research skills.
• Recent experience** in liaising and working with clients (internal or external), partners or stakeholders.
• Recent significant experience is defined as a minimum of 1**/2* years within the last 5 years Knowledge: Knowledge of standard office procedures & practices:
• filing correspondence
• responding to routine inquiries
• dispatching and receiving items
• maintaining supplies and inventories Abilities:
• Ability to use office software products including Microsoft Office proficiently
• Ability to organize work effectively
• Effective interactive communication (oral & written) Personal Suitability:
• Client focus
• Interpersonal relationships
• Adaptability/flexibility Asset Qualifications:
Preference may be given to candidates who have the following asset qualifications:
• Experience working in a similar capacity at a diplomatic mission or international organization
• Working Knowledge of the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act & Regulations
• Experience in the use of ERP software (SAP)
• Written and spoken fluency in French
If candidates meet the factors listed in the asset qualifications they must also clearly demonstrate how they meet these factors in their covering letter. Operational Requirements:
• May be required to work overtime (evenings/weekends) as required Condition(s) of Employment:
• Ability to obtain and retain a Government of Canada Enhanced Reliability security screening;
• Legal status to live and work in Ghana
• Ability to meet the medical requirements as defined by the employer. Successful candidate(s) may be required to undergo a medical evaluation. Area of selection/Eligibility
This competition is open to locally engaged staff at the Canadian Embassy in Accra and to all people who have the right to legally reside and work in Ghana, who meet all of the essential qualifications and employment conditions and whose applications are received before the closing date. Salary: GHS 19,807 per year
+ benefits Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Please follow the link below and complete the online application form. Candidates are also required to upload a CV and a covering letter. Click Here To Apply Online
• Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected.
• Candidates must demonstrate concisely in their cover letter how they meet the essential and asset qualifications. Closing Date:
27 November, 2015 Important notes
• Candidates are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. They are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application (English or French).
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Candidates who apply to this selection process should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users (some email systems block these types of email).
• Candidates selected at the screening stage will be invited for further assessment. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• The High Commission of Canada to Ghana does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• The High Commission of Canada in Ghana does not sponsor work permits directly or indirectly
• The results of this competition may also be used to establish an eligibility list of staff for similar openings at the High Commission of Canada to Ghana which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this competition.
• If you have any questions at any stage of the process please send an email to [email protected]