Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization (ALCO)
NGO / International Agencies
Job Vacancy For Program Coordinator At Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization (ALCO)
Job title: Program Coordinator
Supervision: ALCO Executive Secretary
Contract duration: Two (02) years, renewable
Job start date: February 1, 2016
Work place: Cotonou (BENIN)
Background and Justification
• The Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization (ALCO) is sub regional intergovernmental organization which was established in 2002 with the mission of reducing HIV impact on interregional trade in West Africa. In fact, in view of the increase of migrations on main roads and fostering economic growth, the Heads of States of member countries namely the Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin and Nigeria put in place this organization to facilitate road transit and transport as well as the development and implementation of a sub regional HIV/AIDS response.
• During its first ten (10) years of service provision, ALCO largely contributed to the improvement of border posts environment and hospital infrastructures from Abidjan to Lagos, STIS and AIDS treatment, as well as the reduction of travelers’ transit time.
• Within the framework of the New Funding Mechanism, the Global Fund (GF)grant allocated to ALCO took new directions. This grant focuses on a gradual transition of HIV prevention services to national programs and a reposition of interventions toward strengthening community system as well as the defense of human rights. The grant covers the period from 2016 to2018.
• Aware of the challenges in the framework of the implementation of this grant, ALCO undertook actions in order to efficiently manage the resources which will be made available in the framework of this funding. To this effect, ALCO is recruiting a Program Coordinator who will be based at ALCO’s headquarters in Cotonou/Benin.
Description of duties
Under the supervision of the Executive Secretary, the Program Coordinator will carry out the following duties:
• Plan on regular basis in collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation department activities to be implemented within GF project.
• Ensure the effective implementation of the planned activities.
• Prepare and supervise the project activities missions and the drafting of their report.
• Coordinate and supervise the implementation of all activities of Global Fund project and report to the Executive Secretary.
• Coordinate the preparation of PU and PUDR and submit them within deadlines to Global Fund.
• Prepare in collaboration with the accounting and Monitoring Evaluation departments, budget reviews to be submitted to Global Fund.
• Prepare and supervise data verification missions conducted by LFA.
• Hold regular meetings with the Executive Secretaryon the implementation of GF project.
• Hold regular meetings with the staff of Global Fund project as well as implementing organizations.
• Coordinate the health team activities in view of facilitating the synergy and complementarity in the implementation of activities.
• Develop various projects to be submitted to Donors, in collaboration with the experts of the health Pool.
• Supervise the staff of ALCO health team.
• Be able to serve as the technical interface with Global Fund and other partnersin the field of health.
• Ensure any other duty requested by the Management.
Qualification Required & Experience
Required profile and competence
• The incumbent must hold at minimum Master degree in epidemiology, Social Sciences, Medicine, Public Health or any other related field of Education.
• Must have at least ten(10) years of experience in the field of HIV/AIDS;
• Must demonstrate at least ten(10) years experience in projects funded by Global Fund or any other development partner;
• Having a specific training in Project Management would be an asset;
• Must have good drafting skills;
• Must have perfect knowledge of Donors;
• Must have perfect understanding of the drafting of projects/proposals to be submit to Donors;
• Must have good command of French and good knowledge of English ;
• Must have good command of one of the project management software;
• Must have computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet;
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet set deadlines in the fulfillment of duties;
• Must be flexible andable to work in a teamwithin a multicultural environment.
Location: Cotonou (BENIN)
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should send a Curriculum Vitae, a letter of motivation, a copy of their degrees, three professional references and their expected salary range to:-
Closing Date: 22 December, 2015
Only preselected candidates will be contacted.