The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain– Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Program is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of United States Government (USG)-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC-PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
• Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
• Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
• Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities Purpose
• The Executive Assistant supports the day-to-day management of the GHSC-PSM program. She assists the Country Director to ensure that the GHSC-PSM-Ghana communicates effectively and timely to all key stakeholders, such as USAID, Chemonics Staff, various Government and other organizations. She will work closely with the GHSC-PSM technical management team members to ensure coordinated communication with the field office management team and PMU including keeping an updated calendar for monitoring key project’s event and deliverables and submission of reports, internal and external, as well as timely completion of action items originating from management meetings. The Executive Assistant should comply with GSHC-PSM Ghana regulatory requirements and Chemonics’ policies and procedures. Principal Duties and Responsibilities Project Management Support, Communication and Coordination.
As Program Executive Assistant for the GHSC-PSM Ghana Program, the employee is responsible for the following principle duties and responsibilities:
• Provide support to the Country Director in overall project management functions. Schedule and attend project management team meeting and other ad-hoc meetings as required. Produce and distribute minutes as assigned.
• Work closely with GHSC-PSM senior management and technical teams during annual work planning and budgeting processes, provide administrative and technical support.
• Develop and manage action item trackers and follow-up on action items through their completion with the person/s assigned.
• Assist the Country Director in managing email, organizing project information, resources, and staff to respond to time sensitive requests from funding agencies.
• Serve as point person to manage requests to the Country Director, ensure that information is gathered, and draft responses in a timely manner.
• Manage and ensure that all requests for technical, contractual, financial and operational assistance are being attended to and are executed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Serve as liaison between GHSC-PSM Country Director, internal technical teams, and the PMU
• Communicate with GHSC-PSM Country Team to ensure information flow and effective project support and follow-up.
• Information Management - develop and manage filing system, record and file meeting discussions, manage action item trackers, manage approval processing for the Country Director.
• When assigned, disseminate programmatic and administrative information to internal and external audience on behalf of the Country Director.
• Coordinate with all relevant teams within GHSC-PSM to manage and ensure documentation and file retention of all electronic and hard copy materials relevant to the project's technical and administrative operations, including MOUs, technical reports, monthly reports and the like.
• Reporting Management - transcribe, format, edit, collect, and compile information, coordinate presentations and reports; manage reporting schedule.
• Correspondence Management - draft letters and documents; develop and manage correspondence filing and retrieval system for the Country Director; manage correspondence tracker.
• Calendar and Travel Management - schedule meetings, travel, and transportation; ensure efficient utilization of project resources through coordination of travels for the Country Director.
• Support the Country Director in managing the staff performance review process.
• Undertake other relevant activities as appropriate. Qualification Required & Experience Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in public health, social science, communications, business administration or related field with 4-6 years of experience.
• Excellent organizational skills, demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet competing deadlines with attention to detail and quality of work.
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook.
• Excellent ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken English; English language proficiency required.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully participate on teams that respond to and meet the challenges of working together in a fast-paced work setting with technical staff.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
07 February, 2022