Christian Aid is an international non-governmental organisation that works with partners to end poverty. At the heart of this vision is transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty and empowering them to have a brighter future.
Christian Aid in Ghana is working for transformational change that significantly improves the lives of poor and marginalised men and women and brings about a fair and just society. We work with different local partners and support them with varying resources to enable them deliver on programmes that enable active citizenship and social mobilisation, economic empowerment and participation in policy making and monitoring in Ghana. We deliver our programmes through three key strategic objectives namely:
• Strengthened democratic governance: Citizens are empowered to participate effectively in decision making and demand accountability from increasingly responsive duty bearers
• Market Access for the poor: Poor farmers are empowered and can access the services, assets and markets they need for a resilient livelihood
• Equal development for all: Issues of women and other marginalised groups are effectively integrated into governance and economic policies Job Summary
The post holder will be responsible for working with partner organizations to assist them in program financial management, as well as manage aspects of Christian Aid's financial reporting, budgeting, auditing and compliance that relate to partner organizations, Knowledge of local partners/NGOs and development, advanced use of Excel, Experience of dealing with institutional donor fund accounting, Experience of using computerized financial reporting tools to Support local partner organizations in financial capacity building through training and support by improving the capacity of Christian Aid program staff and partners to understand institutional donors' financial policies and procedures. Qualification Required & Experience
• The successful candidate will have specialized knowledge of finance, with significant experience of the local financial standards and legal framework, you need to demonstrate the ability to build team spirit, have excellent communication skills as well as experience of writing and reviewing financial reports.
• The role is line-managed by the country manager and matrix by a finance manager in the finance department and you will have contact with other members of the local finance team, local program staff, local auditors, the Internal Audit team, the Compliance team and the International Finance team.
• This role will have direct links with partners on routine basis as the primary focus, building strong links with partners in the consortium depending on the context and other relevant NGO, INGO and Government.
• Work to tight deadlines while undertaking multiple priorities.
• You will also have excellent planning and organizational skills, specialized knowledge at least degree level in finance, dealing with institutional donor fund accounting.
• With strong knowledge of written and spoken English, you will need to have experience in creating and monitoring budgets and working with compliance regulations and also experience in delivering financial training using different methodologies, word processing packages and spreadsheet. EVIDENCE OF COMPETENCY:
The successful candidate will have competencies in building partnerships, realising potential, stewardship over resources. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To apply for this post, please visit www.christianaid.org.uk/jobs
to apply online and upload your CV.
If you have any queries regarding this advert, please contact [email protected]
. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. Closing Date:
29 July, 2015