ROLE PROFILE TITLE:
Program Officer LOCATION:
Takoradi, Western Region DURATION:
6months with renewal based on continued funding Level:
Competitive Pay Closing Date:
February 14, 2022 Overview
PYXERA Global is seeking a Program Officer to join its Ghana team and support the implementation of the Women Economic Resiliency Program.The Program Officer will be key team member of PYXERA Global team and would report to the Program Director. Job Summary
• S/he will support activities of the Women Economic Resiliency Program by liaising with the Centre Managers in Ahafo North, Ahafo South and Akyem areas and the PYXERA team in Takoradi.
• The Program Officer would support the implementation of the Women Economic Resiliency Program to improve the technical capacity and managerial skills of participating dressmakers.
• S/he is highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and can coordinate multiple projects/activities simultaneously, with an interest in MSMEs training and the evaluation of such trainings.
• Proven track record to develop and support the implementation of training plans and activities, facilitate organizational learning and change management.
• Must have a track record in delivery of high-quality trainings, workshops, events and related activities in garment, textile and fashion sector.
• Demonstrated presentation skills that can influence decision makers and foster organizational change strategies, and experience implementing them within MSMES operational setting.
• S/he must be familiar with MSME resilience, managing market shocks and/or volatility, supply chain management, diversity and/or equity and inclusion (especially of women), evaluation reporting and creation of quality communications and related materials to promote program activities. Key Responsibilities
• Coordinates program activities and offer support to the Center Manager in managing the sewing center and group of dressmakers as well as organizing the workflow and inventory in line with deadlines.
• Work closely with Training Manager and Center Manager to identify training needs, develop training curriculum, content and provide onsite workshops to dressmakers.
• Maintain asset register of all equipment, supplies and finished products at the center.
• Coordinate with center manager and trainers to deliver specific trainings, targeted at dressmakers and garment producers at the center.
• Produces various activity and training reports including weekly, monthly, and quarterly updates to management.
• Actively plan and implement training workshops to upgrade and diversify the skills of dressmaker groups.
• Perform administrative duties within the program including database management and administration.
• Plan and conduct travel and other outreach activities and sustain existing and future networks
• Keep Record on all project transactions.
• Any other duties as and when required by management. Qualification Required & Experience Required
• HND/ Bachelors/ Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as: Garment, Textiles and Fashion, Social Science,Instructional Design, Organizational Behavior, Education, or related equivalent work experience in complex international development programs.
• Strong report writing and data analysis skills.
• Excellent administrative skills.
• Ability to take initiatives and work both independently and in a team environment
• Strong IT skills, including good knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Hands on experience in report writing.
• Ability to analyze, visualize and communicate data.
• Extensive knowledge of Training Needs Assessments, Instructional Design, and Adult Learning. Highly Desired
• Knowledge of current trends and best practice in the broader area of organizational and competency-based learning in garment and textile sector.
• Ability to travel outside the region
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Excellent presentation, communication, and problem-solving skills
• Proven experience of collaborating with a range of stakeholders Location:
Takoradi - Western Region How To Apply For The Job
Send CV and cover letter to: [email protected] Closing Date:
14 February, 2022
Please note only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.