The Program Officer for External Coordination will work closely with the Chief of Party and Deputy Chiefs of Party to play a key role in the coordination of USAID Implementing Partners (IPs) in the Health Sector in Ghana. Specific Responsibilities:
• Provide support to Systems for Health in the coordination of activities amongst the Health Sector IPs in Ghana:
a. Coordinate with the IPs to monitor/record timing of activities across technical and geographic areas (via activity calendars, etc.)
b. Ensure that Systems for Health leadership and relevant technical areas are informed of overlapping/concurrent activities being supported by IPs
c. Participate in external technical strategy, planning and coordination meetings, taking detailed minutes and following up with participants as necessary to finalize and distribute minutes and action items to the IPs
d. In collaboration with the Knowledge Management Specialist and Communications Specialist, ensure that reports, tools, best practices and lessons learned are synthesized and distributed to Health Sector IPs.
• In collaboration with the Systems for Health Knowledge Management Specialist, establish and maintain an electronic space for the collection, organization, and sharing of project documents, reports, etc.
• Track requests from Ghana Health Service, IPs and other key stakeholders for Systems for Health attendance/representation at key meetings/events/activities. Ensure proper follow up on all external stakeholder requests.
• Assist in developing technical content for presentations and briefings as requested
• Provide Research Support:
a. Monitor and gather current technical knowledge to inform Systems for Health activities and distribute to relevant staff/stakeholders
b. As directed, support technical staff with compilation of research on specific topics to be used for revision of training materials, policies, etc.
• Other duties as assigned Qualification Required & Experience
• Advanced Degree in Public Health or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in a health related field
• Strong organizational skills
• Previous work with Ghana Health Service and/or USG funded projects preferred
• Demonstrated high-quality technical writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
• Track record of working effectively with a broad range of partners and in a team environment Please note:
Only candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and Cover Letter, addressed to the:- HR & Admin. Officer, USAID Systems for Health Project, PMB CT 134, Accra -Ghana
Or email to:- [email protected]
indicating “Program Officer, External Coordination” in the subject line. Closing Date:
21 September, 2015 Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.