Christian Aid is an international non-governmental organisation that works with partners to end poverty. At the heart of this vision is transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty and empowering them to have a brighter future.
Christian Aid in Ghana is working for transformational change that significantly improves the lives of poor and marginalised men and women and brings about a fair and just society. We work with different local partners and support them with varying resources to enable them deliver on programmes that enable active citizenship and social mobilisation, economic empowerment and participation in policy making and monitoring in Ghana. We deliver our programmes through three key strategic objectives namely:
• Strengthened democratic governance: Citizens are empowered to participate effectively in decision making and demand accountability from increasingly responsive duty bearers
• Market Access for the poor: Poor farmers are empowered and can access the services, assets and markets they need for a resilient livelihood
• Equal development for all: Issues of women and other marginalised groups are effectively integrated into governance and economic policies Job Summary
Christian Aid Ghana is looking for a highly qualified project officer who will be responsible for supporting Christian Aid’s rice initiative.
• The post holder is responsible for supporting Christian Aid's Growing Rice Market Opportunities for Women (GROW) project of the Competitive African Rice Initiative (CARI) which is funded by GIZ with a focus on increasing the business capacities of rice parboilers.
• The project will be implemented in the Upper East and Northern Regions of Ghana over a period of 18 months.
• The post holder will oversee the day to day implementation of the project and will have frequent interactions with the partner staff, project beneficiaries and the off-takers. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the project is being implemented as per the proposal, for providing technical support to the implementing partners and gathering information to compile progress reports.
• You will work closely with partners, donors, project stakeholders including the Ministry of Food and Agriculture, equipment manufacturers, key service providers as well as the Ghana Programme Officer-Market Access, Programme Manager, Africa Inclusive Market Advisor and the communications team in the UK to ensure effective implementation including change of strategic entry points of the project at a technical level and also provide adequate support to partners. Qualification Required & Experience
• We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic candidate with strong analytical and conceptual thinking, research and project management skills who has expertise in using participatory approaches for assessment, private sector engagement, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and learning.
• You will work closely with partners, donors, project stakeholders including the Ministry of Food and Agriculture, equipment manufacturers, key service providers as well as the Ghana Programme Officer-Market Access, Programme Manager, Africa Inclusive Market Advisor and the communications team in the UK to ensure effective implementation including change of strategic entry points of the project at a technical level and also provide adequate support to partners.
• You are required to have at least a degree level in agriculture, preferably agricultural economics or agribusiness with strong knowledge of written and spoken English and have experience working in the international development sector with partners and donors.
• You are required to have a good understanding of the rice value chain and specialized knowledge and experience in gendered markets, working through partners and capacity building of partners, making timely and considered recommendations or decisions based on analysis of available data. Location:
Tamale How To Apply For The Job
To apply for this post, please visit www.christianaid.org.uk/jobs to apply online and upload your CV. If you have any queries regarding this advert, please contact:- [email protected] Closing Date:
15 September, 2015
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.