The Embassy of Switzerland is looking for a qualified Programme and Trade Officer to join its Economic Section. The responsibility of the Economic Section of the Embassy of Switzerland is twofold: it is responsible for i) managing Switzerland’s economic development cooperation portfolio with Ghana and ii) following-up on economic questions pertaining to the Swiss private sector active in Ghana. Switzerland’s economic development cooperation with Ghana is specialized in the following areas:
• Economic and financial policy including Public Finance Management, Tax reforms etc.
• Urban infrastructure and utilities, with a focus on renewable energy
• Private sector development, namely entrepreneurship, access to finance, business and climate
• Trade promotion with a strong focus on sustainable value chains incl. recycling industries Responsibilities:
• Monitor selected programs within Switzerland’s cooperation portfolio: identify new activities pertaining to private sector development, trade promotion and value chain development.
• Provide profound and critical analysis on macro-economic and sectoral levels as requested.
• Contribute to the annual economic report of the Embassy as well as to written briefs for the economic development policy dialogue, in particular in the relevant sector working groups.
• Closely follow the interests and activities of Swiss businesses and the Swiss business community in Ghana together with the management of the Embassy.
• Assist to Swiss business lunches as requested;
• Support the preparation and accommodation of economic delegations as requested;
• Develop and maintain close contacts with government officials, private sector representatives, development partners and project implementing agencies. Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in Economics, Business, Law or a related field.
• Minimum of 4 years working experience, ideally in the private sector, an international organization and/or an embassy.
• Proven experience in development cooperation work, namely project cycle management.
• Excellent knowledge of Ghana’s economic, political and social context.
• Proven ability to transform your economic knowledge into both written and oral briefings.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize.
• Strong written and spoken communication skills in English.
• Ability to perform well in a busy environment; willingness to efficiently handle a substantial workload and to assume tasks outside the core sphere of responsibilities as assigned.
• Ability to effectively engage with private sector, government and civil society representatives.
• Ability to work in a team; strong networking skills are necessary.
• Organized, timely, proactive, and ability to work autonomously. The Swiss Embassy offers:
An attractive, open-minded and dynamic working environment Remuneration commensurate to qualifications and experience Health insurance and pension fund scheme Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Full applications require: an application letter, CV, testimonials for all previous jobs. All applications should be sent to: [email protected]
with the subject “Application-Programme / Trade Officer
to the physical address below: The Economic Section Embassy of Switzerland Hilla Limann Hwy/Kenneth Kaunda Rd North Ridge Area PO Box 359 GPO Accra Ghana Closing Date:
20 July, 2022
Women and minorities are specifically encouraged to apply.