For every child,
In Ghana, UNICEF cooperates with the Government and other partners to defend the rights of children and help them fulfill their potential. With offices in Accra and Tamale, the UNICEF team seeks to achieve results in strategic programme areas. The overall goal is for every child to survive and thrive, to live in a safe and clean environment, to learn, to be protected from violence and exploitation, and to have an equitable chance in life. The current Country Programme of cooperation is aligned with the Government priorities, the UN Sustainable Development Partnership (UNSDP) and Key Results for Children (KRCs) in the West and Central African Region (immunization, nutrition, learning outcomes, ending child marriage and ending open defecation). UNICEF main strategies include evidence-based advocacy, system strengthening, integrated programming across sectors, emergency preparedness and response, and innovation. How can you make a difference?
For UNICEF Ghana, under the close supervision and guidance of the supervisor, the Programme Assistant supports the WASH programme and Health & Nutrition programme at the Tamale Field Office by carrying out a range of procedural, administrative, and operational tasks, to help develop, implement and monitor the country programme, ensuring timely and effective delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations. Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
• Facilitating the processing of contracts for consultants, vendors and external partners that support the office in programme delivery. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TOR’s in VISION, and making necessary logistical arrangements. Keeps vendor lists, partners, and consultant rosters up-to-date.
• Collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and thereafter processing in VISION and Service gateway.
• Preparing and maintaining records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation and financial expenditures.
• Supporting the management of administrative supplies and office equipment.
• Maintaining office calendar and arranging meetings. Taking minutes of meetings and keeping the correspondence of the team well organized.
• Providing travel assistance to staff members in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaising with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
• Maintaining and updating a system which monitors the absence of staff.
• Preparing and maintaining records pertaining to programme planning and development for his/her respective section.
• Carrying out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
• Supporting capacity development activities, meetings and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts; arranging times through liaising with participants over availability; liaising with budget focal points and section over costs and needs; and preparing background materials for participants. Qualification Required & Experience
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization .
• A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible administrative work experience is required. At least two years of this experience should be on programme support. Solid experience in programme and operational computer applications is required.
• Experience working in the UN, an asset.
• Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
• Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language of the duty station is an asset. Location:
Tamale How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
08 December, 2020