Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaian Nationals for the post of Programme Assistant – Advocacy Communication, Monitoring & Analysis (ACMA) (General Service Category). VN No.:
VN-16-01 Post Level: GS 6 IMIS #:
Duty Station: Accra Type of Contract:
Fixed-Term Job purpose
Under the supervision and guidance of the Chief of Section, the Programme Assistant supports the section through providing a range of procedural, administrative, and operational support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring their country programme, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations. MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES 1. Support to programme development, planning and execution.
• Researches, analyzes, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
• Drafts project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
• Carries out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
• Monitors and tracks the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery. 2. Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
• Prepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators.
• Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations. 3. Support in resource mobilization
• Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors as well as ad-hoc financial reports relating.
• Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants. 4. Support in Knowledge Management and capacity building
• Researches, analyzes, verifies and synthesizes information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building.
• Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to program processes and procedures. Qualification Required & Experience
• Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization. Work Experience
• A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required. Language Proficiency
• Fluency in English required. Another UN language is an asset. Competencies
• Sound theoretical knowledge and expertise in the areas of interest for the job
• Analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills.
• Good writing and reporting skills.
• Leadership and teamwork abilities.
• Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization. Other competency Profile i Core Values (Required)
• Diversity and Inclusion
• Integrity ii) Core Competencies (Required)
• Communication [II]
• Working with People [II]
• Drive for Results [II] iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
• Analyzing (II)
• Applying technical expertise (II)
• Planning and organizing (II)
• Following Instructions and Procedures (II) Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
If you have experience working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children and match the profile outlines, send a brief application letter supported by detailed curriculum vitae, UN Personal History form (which can be downloaded from http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/p11.doc
) indicating the title (VN-16-01,Programme Assistant
) of the position they are applying to and photocopies of other supporting documents to:- [email protected]
or The Human Resources Manager UNICEF, P.O. Box 5051, Accra-North Closing Date:
18 January 2016
Applications without the UN Personal History Form will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test. QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY NOTE: UNICEF IS A SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT!!