IBIS, A Danish International NGO (currently with an observer status in OXfAM) through the regional programme Democratic Governance in West Africa (DEGOWA),hopes to strengthen regional civil society partners to positively impact on the live of 350 million West Africans through the following, development objective: West African civil society is contributing towards an ECOWAS region where active,responsible citizens ensure that States comply with ECOWAS law. Implementation will be across the 15 Member States of ECOWAS. Job Summary
IBIS is offering a position as Programme Director (PO) for our West Africa Regional Governance Programme for an initial period of two years. Duty Station:
Accra, Ghana with Intensive traveling within the West African sub-Region. Key Responsibilities:
Leading the IBIS Democratic Governance in West Africa Programme
• Leading strategic programme development, research and advocacy on economic justice, specifically to support partners in influencing policy issues related to fiscal redistribution.
• External representation to key stakeholders on issues and events related to economic redistribution, good governance democracy and human rights Programming and technical support
• Establish linkages with Country and Head Office (HO) programme teams and partners on Accountable Governance, Taxation, and Natural Resource Governance, and identifying new strategic and operational working relationships. Partnerships and Capacity Building of Partners
• Contribute to the efforts of implementing IBIS Partnership Strategy by supporting key strategic partners including identification and developing of partner relations and capacities
• Work with partners to implement advocacy plans that generate the desired change expected in the Programme.
• Broker knowledge by expanding regional civil society spaces for engagement through policy dialogues and by facilitating partner exchange through partner platforms for advocacy and networking with other stakeholders;
• Identify and assess the capacity needs in the themes involved in the programme; seek effective and efficient ways to build staff and partner capacity plan and implement capacity building activities. Representation, networking and advocacy
• Collaborate/network and promote the Programme's objectives through civil society platforms and networks in the sub-region and beyond.
• Support DEGOWA's advocacy and research efforts at the national, regional and global levels.
• Build and foster networks that would enhance sharing and learning among relevant organizations engaged in economic redistribution, natural resource governance and good governance.
• Build, enhance and maintain a relevant political network with active outreach to governmental,sub-regional and non-governmental key players on different levels of political governance Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
• Leading in designing and implementation of a monitoring, evaluation and learning system for the Programme with a results-based focus.
• Ensuring that both IBIS and partner activities are linked to the result framework to enable tracking.
• Lead on the identification and delivery of relevant analytical tools necessary to informing designing and monitoring of progress and impact, and to develop a credible baseline for the Programme.
• Using country level evidence and experience to share at regional level decisions,best practice, lobbying as well as ensuring that regional processes are shared to country level
• Monitor, analyse and report to the DEGOWA Programme Coordination Group on political, economic, financial, social situation and relevant policy developments in West Africa, in particular with respect to economic policy and good governance Management and internal processes
• Take responsibility for planning and managing the use of resources/budgets of the Programme,ensuring strategic use of resources;
• Manage programme budgets, expenditure and accounts: Fundraising
• Keep abreast with relevant national, regional and international calls for proposals;
• Develop concept papers; proactively identify and network with potential donors;
• Support in the design, communication and information materials for IBIS interventions: Qualification Required & Experience Person specification
The preferred qualifications for the position include an advanced degree in a relevant discipline, such as public policy, law or economics, and five-ten years of directly related policy analysis experience. Other qualifications of the DEGOWA Director position include:
• Sound knowledge at all levels (macro, meso, micro) of the ECOWAS legal-institutional framework (trends, government policies, relevant stakeholders).
• Experience in the design and management of Economic Governance and Natural Resource Governance program and policy influencing.
• Experience working with INGOs, regional organizations, and/or think tanks with a focus on economic issues. fiscal/related policy issues & extractive/natural resource governance policy issues. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
We look forward to receiving a motivated application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae completed in English by Friday 10th August.
Please state application no. DPD /GH-O115 and forward application by email to:- [email protected]
Please check:www.ibis.dk /www.ibisghana.org for the detailed information prior to applying for the job. Interviews are planned to take place in Accra Closing Date:
10 August, 2015