NGO / International Agencies
Diploma or Degree
Job Vacancy For Programme Manager At ORBIS International (Kumasi)
Reporting & Working Relationships
Reports to: Head of Programme Management, Orbis Africa based in Cape Town
• The Programme Manager is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of an extensive and complex child eye health project in Kumasi, Ghana.
• This project aims to strengthen child eye health services in Kumasi and to provide children from across the region with access to high quality eye care.
• The Programme manager also represents the Orbis Africa Programme team in oversee ing and co-ordinating eye care programme activities in Ghana.
• The Programme Manager is based in Kumasi for the duration of this contract.
• The position requires travel within Ghana as well as to South Africa approximately twice per year.
Essential Job Functions:
• Timely implementation of agreed project activities in line with the annually approved budget
• Timely finance requests to the Orbis Africa office in Cape Town in line with agreed timelines and the annually approved budget
• Establishment and implementation of a patient tracking system for referral and follow up
• Procurement of equipment and supplies in line with the annually approved budget
• Actively promote access to Cyber-Sight (ORBIS' web-based learning platform).
• Additional activities assigned by the Head of Programme Management, Orbis Africa
• Represent Orbis Africa at key fora, meetings and workshops as designated by the manager.
• Refine the current data management systems (data collection, entry and analysis for reporting and research purposes) and implement this to agreed timelines
• Develop case studies
• Produce narrative and financial reports and presentations for diverse audiences to deadlines and according to set formats
• Act as a liaison between Orbis Africa and its stakeholders in Kumasi
• Establish links with primary, secondary and tertiary level health centres within Ashanti Region to contribute to timely referrals and reduce delays in presentation and follow up
• Develop and maintain strong in-country programme partnerships, including with government, local partners, networks and donors
• Represent Orbis, together with Dr Maria Hagan in Ghana, including at strategic meetings conferences, fora and other public events
• Support all orbis visits to Ghana, including logistics and arrangement of stakeholder meetings, and support to orbis's volunteer faculty.
• Head of Programme Management
• Africa Programme Team
• Regional Health Directorate; other government departments
• Academic institutes
• Professional Associations
• Ophthalmic institutions and networks
• International NGOs
• Civil Society and Community Organizations
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least two years of experience of project implementation and project management
• Experience in monitoring and analysis of project activities
• Experience in budget management and financial monitoring
• Good knowledge of key issues in the development sector, ideally in two or more of the following: public health, human rights, eye health, millennium development goals, post 2015 development framework .
• Experience of producing narrative reports for varied audiences
• Excellent communications (oral & written English), presentation, interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills for engaging with a wide variety of audiences.
• Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships
• Ability to communicate in an accessible and diplomatic manner
• Good administration and organisational skills
• Driving license, access to own vehicle Willing and able to travel extensively within the region across urban and rural areas
• Good geographical knowledge of Ashanti Region
• Fluency in English and Twi
Qualification Required & Experience
• Tertiary level diploma or degree in social work, community education, public health or in another health related area
• Demonstrable experience in lay counseling
• Good working knowledge of MS office
• Experience of project implementation within the government sectors
• Experience of logistics and events organisations
• Experience of procurement within the public health sector
How To Apply For The Job
Closing Date: 04 December, 2015