SB5 Duration of Initial Contract:
One (1) Year Duty Station:
Accra Salary: GHS 49,070-62,320
(Annual Gross Salary) Background:
• UNDP Ghana is -supporting the Government to strengthen their capacities to reduce risks associated with climate change with strategic approach to manage climate change and disaster risk reduction so as to turn them Into the opportunities for sustained development
• Through the Sustainable Development Custer (SDC),UNDP is a key contributor to the UN Development
• Assistance Framework (UNDAF) Thematic Group 2, which outlines UN Agencies objectives and targets in the areas of Sustainable Environment, Energy and Human Settlements.
• Being the UN lead agency on energy and environment issues, UNDP plays an important technical role in the Group.
• SDC has developed the M&E system for the cluster This cluster- level M&E system is intended to improve the development effectiveness of the Cluster by enabling staff members and UNDP senior management to continuously monitor the progress of achieving the development outcomes in the next five yeah co-terminus with the duration of the UNDAF (2012-2017).
• The Programme and M&E Officer will be the focal person for the management of selected projects and the implementation of cluster-level monitoring and evaluation systems.
• She/he will directly report to the Cluster Manager of the Sustainable Development Cluster.
• In order to successfully deliver his/her work, she/he needs to work closely with and mobilize inputs from the SDC team members. Summary Key Roles
Programme Management. (35%)
Technical and Administrative Assistance: (10%)
Implementation of monitoring and evaluation plan: (45%)
Knowledge Building and Management: (5%)
Resource Mobilization and Strategic Partnerships: (5%) Qualification Required & Experience Education:
• Master's Degree in Development. Social Science, Environment, or closely relevant. Experience:
• At least five years of experience In programme management and M&E
• Exposure in programme management related to environment, energy and climate change
• Preferably experience in climate change policy development, good knowledge of climate change negotiation process.
• Demonstrated skills in drafting reports, knowledge and competencies/experience in policy analysis and capacity development
• Experience in working and collaboration with government donors, NGOs and/or research institutions.
• Proficiency in statistical analysis
• Experience and knowledge innovative community-level capacity assessment, monitoring and reporting
• Language: Fluency in English. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Follow the link below to view detailed job information and mode of application; Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
21 October, 2015
For United Nations Common System salanes, allowances and benefits for General Services Category (GS1-GS7) and National Officer category (NOA - NOD). please visit:http://www.gh.undp.org/content/ghana/en/home/operations/jobs/
Manual application will not be accepted and only short-listed candidates will be contacted,
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply,