Our client is one of the committed financial services providers in the Ghanaian Banking industry. In order to maintain and consolidate its position, continues growth and delivery of quality services to its customers our clients is seeking outstanding, dynamic and proficient professionals to drive excellence in its, Risk, Corporate, Finance and Operations departments. Title:
Programme Officer Report to:
Programme Manager Summary of Job Purpose:
The Programme Officer will be will be leading the planning and implementation of projects, defining project tasks and resource requirements, developing full scale project plans, managing project resource allocation, quality assurance, presenting reports on project progress to all stakeholders, project evaluation and assessment of results. He/She is also responsible for leading and managing the setting up of the programme through to delivery of the new capabilities, realization of benefits and programme closure. His or her primary responsibility will be the successful delivery of new capabilities and establishing governance. Key Duties:
• Run day-to-day management of assigned Programmes from defining a programme to closing a programme.
• Planning the programme and proactively monitoring its overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate and managing changes.
• Maintaining overall integrity and coherence of the programme to deliver value.
• Ensuring that the delivery of the outputs or services from the projects meets programme requirements in line with the programme blueprint and project dossier to appropriate quality on time and within budget.
• Create/update the Benefits Profile and Benefits map for programmes.
• Managing the performance of the programme team.
• Managing internal and external suppliers to the programme, within context legal agreements and Service Level Agreements.
• In conjunction with the Change Manager, communicate with stakeholders in the business areas for which the programmes are being undertaken.
• Report progress of the programme to the Programme manager at regular intervals, using a Management Dashboard.
• Follow the change management framework to ensure that project objectives are delivered successfully
• Deliver complex projects and change programmes working in accordance with company methodology and standards
• Work within a matrix environment with strong interaction to the strategy and change teams across all divisions
• Deliver large projects and programmes in line with agreed plans and budgets
• Define the scope of projects, project goals, deliverables, risks, issues and required resources for successful delivery
• Manage stakeholders at all levels across the organisation to ensure project requirements are clearly evaluated, defined, documented and met
• Ensure detailed project plans are developed with timelines to ensure effective activity tracking
• Identify and track project risks, issues and dependencies, escalating them appropriately with suggested mitigating actions
• Perform project processes within continuous communication with project partners,
• Establish quality standards for documentation, project KPI’s
• Ensure projects are linked to strategic priorities and business plans
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
• Constantly monitor and report on progress of projects to all stakeholders
• Utilise strong interpersonal skills to provide direction, maximise resources, prioritise activities, balance conflicting demands and motivate others
• Ensure projects meet internal and external client requirements
• Deliver projects within budget and agreed timelines
• Encourage Continuous Improvement for Project management processes through post implementation analysis Key Performance Measures:
• Governance, Risk And Control
• People Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Project Management/Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Economics, Business Administration/Management, Commerce, Marketing or equivalent and Project Management skills (Prince 2 qualification) or Six Sigma Yellow Belt or similar Quality/Process Qualification or Project Management Professional Qualification
• A minimum of 5 years’ working experience , 3 years of which should be directly related to project / programme management in banking or financial institution SPECIFIC SKILLS:
• In-depth understanding of project management strategies with the ability to support and lead people through change in the banking industry
• In-depth knowledge of Project management in a commercial bank with understanding of change processes with implementation knowledge and core banking systems
• In-depth knowledge of managing projects across a diverse range of portfolios with understanding of a Bank’s strategic objectives, its business model with ability to understand, synthesize and act on complex ideas/information.
• In-depth knowledge of policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements, and bank systems infrastructure.
• In-depth knowledge of risk management in relation to project management of change initiatives and implementation.
• Computer expertise including; Ms Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, Accounting and financial reporting systems CORPORATE/BUSINESS AWARENESS
• The Programme Officer should be aware of the functions of multiple departments within the Bank to enable him/her plan and organise the work of others
• Ability to formulate and adjust complex initiatives in order to assist in the realisation of the Bank’s corporate goals
• An excellent knowledge of project management standards, principles and procedures
• Awareness of the statutory legislation, banking compliance standards, risk management, GCB’s internal processes and systems and their impact on planning, originating and managing business transformation.
• A good understanding of the banking industry and Ghana Commercial Bank’s long-term strategic direction.
• Must have considerable experience in project management systems and controls, business operations and people management.
• A good understanding of business process re-engineering, six sigma, prince2 and organization development. SOCIAL COMPETENCE
• The jobholder is expected to be empathetic in providing sensitive and in some cases debatable information to both internal and external stakeholders which is of specialised nature leading to a sustained culture.
• Jobholder is expected to build sustaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders through a combination of effective interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills in order to achieve the goals of the Transformation Department.
• Result-oriented and focused in the performance of duties irrespective of challenges encountered notably in a change management and rapidly evolving organisational culture.
• Excellent leadership and influencing skills, particularly demonstrating outstanding ability to motivate teams to understand corporate vision, strategic direction and to demontrate commitment and passion to achieve business result.
• Passion for service excellence in the performance of duties assigned
• Strong ability to work in multi-cultural environment, manage, develop and coach others
• Strong communication and probing skills
• Ability to assess and analyse business risks and problems
• Strong organisational and administrative skills
• Ability to work independently and use project management techniques and tools to manage the execution of projects within defined timelines.
• Excellent ethical values
• Excellcent ability to undertake cost-benefit analyses of the impact of projects. SCOPE OF THINKING
• Ability to thoroughly analyse, evaluate, assess impact and interpret various complex problems.
• Ability to accurately interpret project impact findings and decide on suitable risk mitigation measures
• Ability to diagnose and analyse issues, assess risks to the business and to take initiative action to resolve issues in a timely manner
• Resourceful and has ability to produce innovative solutions to problems and suggest new ways to doing things differently.
• Requires thinking through decisions by making root cause analysis, evaluating and arriving at decisions acceptable to stakeholders.
• Apply solutions relevant to the complexity, scope and magnitude of problems.
• Requires gathering of relevant information and anticipating stakeholders’ expectations DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY
• Ability to solve diverging complex problems requiring in-depth problem analysis and interpretation as a result of unpredictable events, work patterns and interruptions in meeting deadlines.
• Role requires ability to assemble relevant data and subject same to in-depth evaluation and risk analysis in order to meet the transformation objective with minimum margin of errors. AUTONOMY OF DECISION
• The jobholder’s decision is subject to defined policies and procedures of the Bank and provides new solutions, improvements, redesigns or innovation of processes and systems
• The job holder seeks approval from the Program Manager on matters that are very sensitive in nature which may have high risk impact on the bank. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should please apply by 29 May 2015 through:
E-mail:- [email protected]
Post - HR Advisory Services KPMG
Marlin House13 Yiyiwa DriveA belenkpe
P.O. Box P 242 Accra Closing Date:
29 May, 2015