Ghana Health Service
Job Vacancy For Programme Officer, Clinical Care At Ghana Health Service
The National AIDS/STI Control programme of the Ghana Health Service invites applications from suitably qualified candidates, as per the detailed person specification indicated below for appointment.
• Supports the Programme Manager in planning and managing the programme.
• Plans effective case management and identifying technical and managerial elements that require revision or re-orientation
• Assists in training ,health education and communication for behavior change .
• Plans and participates in supervision, monitoring and evaluation and revision of HIV and AIDS management information systems
• Coordinates the integration of AIDS control and prevention activities with other public health programmes and the private sector
• Engages Partners for effective harmonization in programme implementation
• Facilitates the effective development and dissemination of HIV related policies, guidelines and strategies
• Collates and submits on timely basis routine, quarterly and annual reports.
The compensation package is very competitive.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Medical Doctor with additional qualification in Public Health
• Must be a PRACTISING Clinician in good standing with at least 5 years working experience in a Hospital
• Expertise In HIV&AIDS Treatment Care and support project implementation
• Skills in Epidemiology with wide research background
• Good analytical and statistical skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Be conversant with Ghana Health Service policies and structures and strategies
• Ability to work independently as well as work as a team player and be able to work closely with other Stakeholders; Partners and key players in the management of HIV and AIDS related programmes for the overall benefit of Ghana
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons who meet the above requirement should submit two sets of application with the under-listed documents in A4 size envelope with the position being applied for written at the top left hand corner of the envelope:
• Application letter
• Detailed curriculum vitae with names, address and telephone numbers of at least two (2) referees
• Copies of academic and professional certificates
Applications should be delivered by hand or express mail to:
The Director (HRD)
Ghana Health Service
Private Mail Bag
Closing Date: 06 January, 2016