An International NGO is seeking a qualified Programmer / Database Developer who will be responsible for technical support, systems administration and implementation of a variety of software and database applications. S/he will manage the operation of the organisation's accounting system equipment and provide high level end-user support. Key Responsibilities:
• Participate in systems administration of the organisation's web server, ensure the its web server is secure and functioning properly
• contribute to support for the EOS Card Catalog, Raiser's Edge, Grant system and other various database software applications, troubleshoot problems perform data conversions and install software upgrades
• Provide database administration for Microsoft SQL, sharePoint and Great Plains servers
• Provide software/database programming for assigned projects, including but not limited to the .NET and .PHP environment
• Act as project leader to implement new software applications as required. Depending on project assignments, may perform some or all of the following functions: interview users and document system requirements, perform software package evaluations and recommendations, install software packages, perform system testing, prepare documentation, including user guides, procedures and technical documentation of any programs written, train end users in the use of the system
• Assist the computer operations team in hardware and software upgrades and ongoing mainteance and support of the oragnisation's computer environment at both headquaters in the USA and other country offices as required
• Assist with end user hardware and software support for the Windows-based network and related office applications. Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree in computer science or related field and/or applicable relevant experience
• Software programming experience within a Microsoft development environment utilizing .NET (ASP,VB,C,PHP) and visual studio on the Wed and Windows platforms. Smartphone development experience a plus
• Working knowledge of relational databases, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Access, database design and client-server concepts.
• Ability to maintain and troubleshoot software, computer hardware and peripherals and work collaboratively to solve problems
• functional knowledge of full project development lifecycle and ability to validate that software performs to established guidelines
• Ability to document requirements for applications based on user input and needs
• Basic working knowledge of Windows server 2003/2008, Windows XP,7, IIS and MS Office
• Web development programming knowledge
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong service orientation. Must enjoy working with users.
• Ability to work independently while remaining a strong and collaborative team
• Willingness and interest in international travel as required Salary:
Commensurate with experience Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
If you know of a qualified candidate or are interested in this position, please send a cover letter and resume to:- [email protected]
Applications that do meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.