APPLICATIONS are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment for the under listed position at the German-West African Centre for Global Health and Pandemic Prevention (G-WAC), College of Health Sciences, KNUST.
G-WAC is a partnership between the College of Health Sciences of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST); the Berlin School of Public Health, including Technische Universität Berlin (TUB), and Charité Universitätsmedizin – Berlin; and the Medical Faculty and University Hospital Bonn (UKB) and is being funded by a grant from the German Academic Exchange Service - DAAD. Job Title:
PROJECT ACCOUNT OFFICER Job Summary
The Project Account Officer shall provide financial support to G-WAC’s activities by working closely with the KNUST College of Health Sciences finance and administrative departments and ensuring compliance with KNUST and the funder’s policies. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in operations support of project start up and close out as needed.
• Prepare invoices, assist in project procurement related expense tracking and payment requests.
• Ensure all budgets cover of the personnel and operating costs, reflect the narrative and are reviewed for accuracy and compliance with funder regulations.
• Assist with cash flow in daily project activities.
• Carefully track cash received and report project expenses on a monthly basis.
• Prepare monthly financial reports including project burn rate reports and identify trends per activity, flag potential issues, and recommend actions to the Project Manager and Director.
• Serve as liaison to partner institutes by providing technical assistance in sub-award budgets and periodical financial reporting.
• Support the preparation and conduct of quarterly project reviews.
• Assist in reconciling sub-grantee/sub-contract expenses.
• Prepare pipelines and forecasts to ensure accurate financial analysis.
• Maintain strong financial controls to guarantee compliance with funder regulations.
• Review all grant agreements, contracts, and modifications for the programs, review procurement requests, sub-agreements, and fixed obligation grants, and ensure that key processes are followed so that grant risk assessment receives consistent attention and direct support.
• Prepare annual financial report to the funders. GENERAL SKILLS
• Strong attention to detail
• Cross-cultural communicator
• Lifelong learner
• Self-starter, proactive planner, and organizer
• Comfortable with technology/learning new programs/software
• Data entry
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong work ethic and flexibility Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Accounting & Finance, or related field
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in financial management and/or support DURATION OF CONTRACT
The contract will be for 12-months (renewable) for all the positions, three (3) months of which shall be the probationary period. Successful candidates are expected to assumed duty immediately. Location:
Kumasi How To Apply For The Job
Interested Candidates are to complete Application Forms online using this: (LINK!) Click Here For Application Forms
Completed Application Forms with Curriculum Vitae, two (2) Referees Report and photocopies of relevant Certificates and a motivation letter should be submitted to the address below not later than Wednesday, February 23, 2022. THE DEPUTY REGISTRAR HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT DIVISION KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY PRIVATE MAIL BAG UNIVERSITY POST OFFICE KUMASI
A soft copy of the application must be emailed to: [email protected] Closing Date:
23 February, 2022
Only short-listed applicants will be invited for interview.