Plan International Ghana is looking for a Project Accountant to effectively work with team of professionals to manage the finances for a project titled “Women’s Innovation for Sustainable Enterprises (WISE)”. The WISE Project seeks to leverage the enormous potential and agency of Ghanaian women entrepreneurs aged 19 to 55 years in rural and peri-urban areas by employing both demand- and supply-side interventions to contribute to increased realization of rights to economic empowerment, well-being and inclusive economic growth in 3 districts in Bono and Ahafo regions (Sunyani Municipal, Tano North and Techiman Municipal) and 2 districts in Northern region (Kumbungu and Tolon). The project will start in February 2020, has a duration of 4 years, and a budget of over 5.5 million EUR.
Dimensions of Role:
• The Project Accountant will be responsible for the management of the project budget (over 5.5 million EUR), providing oversight, reporting and analysis on the financial health of the WISE project. The Project Accountant will also be responsible for ensuring compliance to donor requirements, government requirements, and Plan International Ghana financial management and compliance standards.
• The post-holder will be based in Tamale but travel to the project districts where the WISE project operates for approximately 40% of her/his time, as well as to the Plan International Ghana Country Office in Accra.
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
• Prepares financial and other reports to present the overall financial health of the WISE project for decision making. To do this, the position holder will:
• Ensure that project transactions are reviewed and correctly entered into SAP on timely basis;
• Review project sub-ledger for all advances and prepaid expenses and follows up on outstanding advances;
• Monitor and review advance liquidation;
• Create standard report template for project team and Plan’s partners to ensure consistency in reporting;
• Prepare quarterly, semi-annual, year-end and other grants financial reports and analyses as per required instructions for management decision making;
• Assist the Project Lead in the preparation of quarterly, semi-annual and year-end financial schedules of the project;
• Consolidate and submit monthly community and partner visit reports received from Project Staff;
• Ensure proper filing (electronic and hard copy) of grants financial reports;
Budget preparation and budgetary control support for the effective implementation of the WISE project financial plan. To do this, the position holder will:
• Lead the preparation of the Project annual budget in collaboration with the project team and implementing partners;
• Monitor project budget on a monthly basis and modify when necessary;
• Consolidate monthly project budget and financial report;
• Maintain a budgetary control system to monitor grant budget vs. expenditure and advise management on variances and corrective actions required to be taken;
• Respond to grants financial queries in liaison with the Country Finance Manager (CFM), Business Development Manager and the Project Lead;
• Train/coach partner finance staff in the delivery of job requirements to support grants compliance, budget preparation and control and financial reporting;
• Ensure Partner liquidation and financial reports are properly reviewed and validated before further funds are advanced;
• Ensure compliance with best practices and donor specific requirements by partner organisations.
Qualification Required & Experience
• First Degree in Accounting plus ICA Ghana part 2 or ACCA Foundation (Level 2) or its equivalent
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role with relevant professional experience in managing complex and multimillion-dollar budgets on institutional grants through donors such as Global Affairs Canada, USAID, DFID, and European Union.
• Knowledge in SAP Accounting software would be an added advantage
• Show strong understanding and knowledge of Cash Flows, Budgetary Controls and Compliance with Finance Controls.
• Proven experience in providing financial management and compliance support to partner organisations to ensure high quality delivery on project budgets and compliance requirements.
• Strong knowledge in Project Management.
Demonstrated behaviours needed by the postholder to successfully perform the role:
• Communicates clearly and effectively
• Ability to facilitate participative processes
• Commitment to working transparently and with accountability.
• Maintains independence, objectivity and integrity.
• Organized, Methodic and Meticulous
• Develops, motivates and coaches others.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
28 February, 2020