Duties and Responsibilities
• Under the direct supervision of head of the Environment and Climate Cluster, the incumbent will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
Administrative and Financial Support (75%)
• Prepare all payment requests, financial record-keeping and preparation of financial reports required in line with both the National Implementation and Direct Implementation financial rules and procedures;
• Responsible for ATLAS-related transactions, e.g. keep track and update Risk Management Module and issues log;
• Maintain the budget and expenditure of projects within a portfolio, including formulation, revisions, and record keeping in ATLAS, monthly status reports, and reporting and liaising with the UNDP on budget matters;
• Support preparation of background information for project implementation, work plans and budget;
• Keep records and files of financial and technical documentation and reports;
• Draft the cluster’s Annual Procurement Plan and monitor to ensure implementation of the plan in accordance with UNDP’s policies/procedures;
• Support the purchase of goods and services and following up on issuance of contracts and payments;
• Liaise on the conduct of project audit and ensure access by auditors to project documentation, personnel, and institutions involved in the project
• Assist in the organization of in-country events (meetings, seminars, workshops, trainings etc), ensuring logistical arrangements;
• Prepare internal and external travel arrangements for personnel;
• Take record of meetings and draft correspondence as required;
• Undertake other duties per the requirements of the portfolio.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification and/or training in Accounting and Finance. University degree in Business or Public Administration or similar is preferable.
• At least 5 years of proven professional experience in financial resources management, budget management or administrative support functions. Demonstrated exposure to project management, preferably in the area of environment and climate. Experience in ATLAS project management system is an asset.
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, etc)
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
16 September, 2019