Abt. Associates Inc., a US based company, is implementing the PMI/ USAID–funded African Indoor Residual Spraying (AIRS) program. AIRS has been implemented in Ghana since 2008 in some selected districts in the Northern Region.
• Under supervision of the Operations Manager the Project Assistant 9 / District Operations Coordinator will focus on programmematic and management oversight for all aspects of the project's spray operations in the Northern Region, East Mamprusi District, including spray campaign planning technical assistance and training, logistical and operational support and supervision, and activity tracking and reporting. S/he will Coordinate closely with provincial government counterparts, and oversee the activities of project field staff and seasonal spray teams
Specific responsibilities include:
• Manage robust IRS campaign planning efforts in assigned geographical area including qualification of insecticides and equipment needs, identification and recruitment of spray teams, logistical planning for IRS distribution and transportation, insecticide and equipment storage, security and environmental safety ;and coordination with district level Ghana Health Service and Assembly counterparts
• Work in collaboration with Disease Control and Environmental Health Officers at the district to coordinate IRS activities.
• Oversee the recruitment, training, and supervision of spray teams and IRS spray operators
• Supervise and track inventory distribution and storage of materials, work with the logistics and procurement team to support procurement of IRS materials
• Supervise IRS implementation, and contribute to the trainings of supervisors, site managers, team leaders spray operators etc. at the regional and district levels.
• Ensure that routine programme tracking and reporting are in place and delivered on time
• Supervise and monitor field data collection with project M&E team.
• Manage the BCC/IEC campaign and data collection process
• Ensure that all risk prevention and environmental compliance measures are fully implemented and work closely with the project environmental compliance staff and district officers to address relevant issues.
• Facilitate communication between the districts in the assigned geographic areas and the AIRS project offices in Tamale,
• Represents the programme at meetings with the community leaders and local steering committees.
• Supervise all logistical operations (Warehouse, transport, etc)
• Prepare weekly and other activity reports as directed by the project Operations Manager
• The position requires to be permanently based in East Mamprusi District with frequent visit to field sites to support and oversee community and household level operations and activities.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in a relevant health sector field, such as Public Health Community Health, Entomology, or Environmental Health
• At least two (2) years of relevant professional work experience, with significant amounts of experience directly in Vendor Control and IRS Operations
• Experience in regulatory and operational aspects of insecticide use and management
• Demonstrated ability to work with minimum direction and supervision
• Demonstrated ability to work both as a member of a team and as a team leader, with the ability to accept the inputs of other team members
• Strong management and planning skills of project tasks and budgets.
• Demonstrated leadership and teamwork and produces high quality work in a timely, cost effective manner and has excellent writing skills
• Excellent interpersonal Communications and organisational skills
• Excellent computer skills, computer software programmes, including MS Word Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience with USAID funded programmes and other international development experience,
• English language fluency.
Northern Region and East Mamprusi District
How To Apply For The Job
• Interested and qualified applicants should submit their non-returnable application, resumes and copies of testimonials within ten calendar days of the posting of this notice to the folowing address; Email:
• Directly submit to AIRS office located in Northern Region Tamale: Tamale Office: Plot No, 11, Waterson Road Fuo, Adjacent VSO office before the BB Gas Junction
• For further information, please call Tel 233 (0) 03720-26827 / 26828
;From 10:00am - 16:00pm
31 December, 2015
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits