Plan International Ghana is looking for a Project Coordinator to work with a team of professionals and coordinate high quality programming and results in the Bono Region on a project titled “Women’s Innovation for Sustainable Enterprises (WISE)”.The WISE Project seeks to leverage the enormous potential and agency of Ghanaian women entrepreneurs aged 19 to 55 years in rural and peri-urban areas by employing both demand- and supply-side interventions to contribute to increased realization of rights to economic empowerment, well-being and inclusive economic growth in 3 districts in Bono and Ahafo regions (Sunyani Municipal, Tano North and Techiman Municipal) and 2 districts in Northern region (Kumbungu and Tolon). The project will start in February 2020, has a duration of 4 years, and a budget of over 5.5 million EUR. Dimensions of Role:
• The project coordinator will work with stakeholders at districts/municipal level to address root causes of gender inequalities through gender-transformative approaches.
• This includes an express need to ensure meaningful male engagement to support women’s improved agency. • Feminist principles of collaboration, participation, transparency and respect for the agency of women entrepreneurs will be integrated in all aspects of this role.
• The Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating quality programming and results, financial management and compliance, stakeholder and partner relations, and donor deliverables at districts/municipal levels.
• He/she will coordinate the establishment of women-friendly business hubs (HerHubs), which will serve as a ‘one-stop shop’ for women to access gender-responsive services to start and grow small enterprises, feminist and results-oriented economic empowerment program planning, implementation and reporting.
• The post-holder will be based in Sunyani and travel to project communities where the WISE project operate for approximately 70% of her/his time. Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
• “What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
• Please state why each activity is done and the indicators for success
• Form and Develop women groups association with appropriate cooperative Values and Principles
• Work with LNGOs to facilitate groups as entry for project interventions
• Facilitate an institutional framework for women association/groups and other apex entities with clear linkages with individual associations.
• Facilitate and develop capacity programme to deliver governance, strategic planning, financial management, conflict management and human resources management pertaining to associations and groups.
• Monitor and provide semi-annual tracking report of the growth and development in governance, management and overall development of self-groups and associations related to the project. Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of 1st Degree or equivalent in the fields of Agriculture Economics, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Enterprise Development plus 4 years in a mix economic growth/trade, Green Business, Value Chain Competitiveness, Investment Promotion or Agriculture Development.
• Proven experience in Agricultural Value Chains, Enterprise Development, Green Businesses and Financial Inclusion
• Progressive experience working for INGOs in increasingly at community and regional level.
• Capacity building experience in project design, implementation, reporting, and evaluation. Demonstrated behaviours needed by the postholder to successfully perform the role:
• Passion for feminist principles, mission driven work and personal values aligned with Plan International.
• Commitment to working transparently and with integrity.
• Inclusive and empowering approach to leadership and project management.
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills, natural ability to manage diverse opinions and agendas, finding win-win solutions in a respectful manner.
• Demonstrated creativity and willingness to innovate.
• Flexible and adaptable work style to respond to an evolving context.
• Inter-personal and cross-cultural skills, and ability to build and motivate teams.
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Communicates clearly and effectively Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
• Strong understanding of feminist principles, gender equality, and women’s socio-economic empowerment.
• Strong understanding of feminist monitoring and evaluation, and results-based management tools and approaches.
• Strong understanding and proven application of project cycle management.
• Strong experience in partnership management and aptitude for cultivating strong relationships with multiple stakeholders including private sector organizations, government, and donors.
• Ability to establish priorities in a time sensitive environment, track project performance, meet deadlines, and ensure high quality deliverables. Location:
Sunyani How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
28 February, 2020