SOS Children's Villages Ghana is a child welfare organisation that provides a stable Family-Like Care (FLC) for children in need. We also provide social services for families at risk through our Family Strengthening Projects. Currently, we operate in four locations; Tema, Asiakwa, Kumasi, Tamale with the National Office in Accra. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and dynamic persons for appointment as: Project Coordinator Job Summary
• The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading and coordinating our "Protecting the Future" Project in the Awutu-Senya and the Ada West districts in the Tema Programme location.
• In particular, s/he coordinates project implementation according to the project proposal and the result based management (RBM) approach, including monitoring and reporting (prepare/compile and defend both narrative progress reports and financial reports) and development of short stories for the donor. Qualification Required & Experience
• Hold a First Degree in Development Studies, Social sciences, Economics, Management or related discipline. 2nd Degree is an added advantage
• Have a minimum of 5 years experience in direct project management, monitoring and evaluation within a development context.
• Experience working on Child Labour and Child trafficking related projects, community-based organisation and local authorities is essential.
• Knowledge of donor management is an asset
• Have a thorough understanding & exposure to project design and development, project management / project cycle management, budgeting and budget management
• Have knowledge of the local employment opportunities and challenges
• Possess positive and professional approach, highly organised, leadership ability and innovation, flexible, self-drive and ability to work very fast and under strict deadlines keeping commitments
• Possess strong coordination and team management ability, report writing skills (both physical and financial) on timely basis
• Have excellent analytical skills with ability to analyse issues within local and global contexts
• Be a motivated self-starter with initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm
• Strategic thinker combined with proactical "Can do" attitude Location:
Awutu-Senya How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send their applications, (indicating their reliable phone numbers), Curriculum vitae with photocopies of certificates addressed to:
The HR/Admin Manager P. O. Box AN 16657 Accra North
Or email to: [email protected] Closing Date:
25 February, 2022