ActionAid(AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid International is seeking to employ experienced and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:- Project Coordinator For Child Marriage Project - UNICEF Funded Project
The role is responsible for coordinating and supervising partnership project activities in line with donor agreements/contracts. The role maintains regular communication and provides scheduled feedback to donors in line with MOUs and agreements
• Provide leadership in the implementation of the child marriage project to ensure compliance with set agreements
• Develop taining modules and programme to build capacity of project partners and communities to challenge institutional and traditional practices that facilitate the incidence of child marriages
• Develop annual critical pathways to ensure that project development and implementation is in line with the priorities of the Country Strategy Plan (CSP) and key result areas.
• Provide strategic support to increase understanding and appreciation of changes in project agreements and direction
• Document and profile alternatives and best practices from the project to challenge dominant models that undermine children's rights
• Work closely with regional programmes to develop strategies to deepen community understanding of the dangers and the detrimental effects of child marriages and adapt key project learnings and good practices into mainstream programme work
• Ensure timely reporting and documentation to improve relationships and accountability to donors as per donor contracts.
• Provide guidance to ensure synergy between project priorities and key result areas of ActionAid Ghana.
Qualification Required & Experience
• The candidate must hold a Post Graduate Degree in relevant field with at least 4 years experience and proven track record in a development sector that translates into the following competencies:
• Sound knowledge on child rights issues
• Proven skills in facilitation, research and advocacy
• Ability to make presentation and write good reports
• Knowledge of child protection programming
• Ability to monitor and evaluate project interventions and take corrective measures where relevant
• Ability to hold self and others accountable for delivering set targets or goals
• Ability to cope with work time and people pressures
• Ability to handle conflict, confrontation, disagreement and delicate inter-personal situations in such a manner as to solve the problem and sustain positive relationships
• Ability to control anger, frustration, tension and nervousness, especially in conflict situations
This is a two(2) year fixed term employment contract on national terms and conditions. The location for the post is Accra with frequent travel within Ghana.
Monthly Base Salary Range: GH3,434.00 - GH5,808.00
How To Apply For The Job
Curriculum Vitae(CVs) are not acceptable. Application Forms Must be downloaded from the link below:
Click Here To Download Application Form
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:-
or forwarded to:-
The Head of HROD/Administration
P.O. Box AN 19083,
Tel: 0244-316392 / 0289-109560
18 November, 2015