World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. Job Summary
World Vision Ghana (WVG) is looking for a highly qualified, proactive, motivated and resourceful person to fill the position of Project Coordinator for the Cocoa Life Project - Cohort Three (3). Purpose of Position
This position will coordinate the design and implementation of Cocoa Life programs in designated operational areas. The position will build the capacity of Development Facilitators, Children, other vulnerable groups, Community Based Organizations, local government agencies and other service providers to implement Cocoa Life Programme. He/she will facilitate learning, documentation and linkages of local level advocacy issues to Cocoa Life. The Package
• The position is based in Bia West - Western Region.
• The position are open contract.
• The position comes with an attractive salary and benefit package.
• S/He reports to the Cocoa Life Project Manager Key Responsibilities
• Engage in the development and implementation of a quarterly work plans.
• Implement elements of the Cocoa Life program in selected cocoa communities.
• Facilitate linkage between identified Technical Partners that are developing and implementing program activities at district levels.
• Work in partnership with Area Projects to ensure alignment of Cocoa Life programs with World Vision Ghana Strategic Directions.
• Document best local level practices and facilitate learning for increased uptake and impact on child wellbeing outcomes. Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Community/Integrated Development Studies, Sociology or other related field.
• Minimum 3-4 years community development experience.
• Significant experience in local level advocacy, especially Rights Based Programming Approaches.
• Strong understanding of transformational development and frameworks.
• Significant experience in capacity building.
• Project Management skills.
• Must be willing to live and work in the Project Location.
• Demonstrate commitment to the empowerment of the poor in rural communities.
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Ability to speak any of the following local languages is an advantage (Twi or Fante).
• Skills in networking and coalition building at multi-national level. Location:
Bia West, Western Region How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application letters and CV quoting only the Job Position in the subject line to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
12 August, 2015 As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. World Vision is an equal opportunity