3.1 REPORTS DIRECT TO:
3.2 REPORTS INDIRECTLY TO:
3.3 DIRECT REPORTS
Assistant Production Managers
Quality Control Officer
• To ensure each project (job order) is delivered on time, within budget and scope. Plan and designate project resources, monitor progress, and keep stakeholders informed through the entire scope of the project.
5.0 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
With limits of delegated authority from the Production Manager, the Assistance Production Manager will provide assistance in the following:
• This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery. Has overall responsibility and authority for planning, directing, and coordinating activities pertaining to the supply chain projects that have been assigned.
• Ensure all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
• Provide the sales teams and customers with real time information of performance results and project status daily.
• Work with customers / sales / manufacturing persons to gather and confirm the accuracy of all project order and account information, communicate with store and logistics, custom requests for all products and finish color and drawing requirements.
• Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
• Ensure resource availability and allocation.
• Develop a detailed project plan to track progress and perform risk management to minimize project risks.
• Report and escalate to management as needed and create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
• Ensure production is properly completed by maintaining ongoing contact with production personnel.
• Maintain ongoing contact with sales staff and clients to receive feedback regarding all aspects of workflow such as completion dates, special needs, product updates, feasible improvements and problems.
• Manage a portfolio of projects that can span across the entire Supply Chain
• Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for several initiatives simultaneously
• Report on project success criteria results to the Core Team and to Project Stakeholders
• Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings
• Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks, issues and status reporting.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
• Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, management, executive overviews and project stakeholders.
• Ensure projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards.
6.0 FGL Gender Policy and Equity
• Supports and promotes FGL gender policy and the Network's initiatives for gender sensitivity and gender equity.
• Promotes a culture of gender equity and sensitivity among staff and clients.
• Promotes and supports gender equity, equal opportunity, and diversity policy.
• Develops and maintains own knowledge, expertise and professionalism.
• Keeps abreast of current developments in furniture manufacturing industry including micro and macro environmental factors and trends, through local and international networking activities, as it relates to Production issues.
• Meets personal training and development needs through relevant production related professional and commercial training and networking activities.
Qualification Required & Experience
7. KNOW HOW AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain with a minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in working in a wood production environment or manufacturing sector and management leadership experience in a manufacturing, production, military or related environment
• Mechanical skills – basic mechanical aptitude and good manual dexterity essential
• Physical fitness – because manufacturing environments can be hot or cold depending on outside conditions, and because production line operators must frequently lift heavy materials, physical fitness is essential for this career path
• Attention to detail – perform quality control by verifying that all materials on the line meet company standards, which requires good attention to detail
• Computer skills – many production line systems are automated, so employers prefer production manager’s who have at least basic computer skills
7.2 Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Good, effective communication and interpersonal skills are required; together with the ability to relate well to a wide range of personnel within Furnart; as well as external customers.
• Experience with Six Sigma, DMAIC, Kaizen, or Lean Manufacturing
• Strong IT skills are required in the areas of Microsoft Word and Excel. In addition, the job holder will need to continually strengthen his/her knowledge of wood as a material.
• The products produced by Furnart are predominantly bespoke in nature and therefore the job holder must possess Project Management skills and experience to manage job orders; some of which can happen simultaneously and with varying complexities.
• The jobholder will need to develop and strengthen his/her wood knowledge skills through on-the-job training and/or appropriate short courses and online resources.
• The job holder will need to acquire soft skills training aimed at strengthening communication, time management, report writing and service delivery skills.
7.3 Planning and Performance Management
• Ability to set and deliver business goals
• Ability to plan, budget and organize various functions necessary to accomplish Production goals and activities
• Ability to set, monitor, and assess achievements against performance targets, quality standards and service agreements
7.4 Reporting and Communication Skills
• Ability to consolidate, prepare and submit Production reports and correspondence
• Exceptional oral skills and ability to speak clearly to production staff, communicate clearly and persuasively, and instruct others
• Ability to interpret documents, understand procedures, and write reports
• Ability to maintain high standards of accuracy in the information and advice provided to the MD, Management and employees
• Listening, comprehension and understanding skills and sensitivity to the emotional, attitudinal and political aspect of human resources management
7.5 Organization and Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to enthuse and inspire employees to give their best in order to achieve goals
• Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively in different situations and teams to carry out assigned task
• Ability to supervise, train and foster the development of staff providing feedback, support and encouragement
• Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with individuals and teams
• Excellent organization, delegation, performance management, and time management skills
• Has a positive “can do” mentality and has the ability to address challenges and exploit all available resources to accomplish objectives
• Ability to motivate others by personal role modelling, professional credibility, and trust
• Ability to handle difficult people and tense situations with diplomacy and tact
• Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in matters relating to employee’s personal information
• Ability to maintain and promote fair, non-discriminatory employment practices and employee treatment
7.6 Commitment to FGL Mission and Gender Policy and Equity
• Commitment to FGL mission, corporate values and motivation as expressed in the ability to incorporate the mission and values in the work area
• Commitment to poverty eradication and an ability to transform the lives and communities of people in poverty
• Ability to support and implement transformational activities aimed at empowering all staff and clients in such a way that they become agents of social, spiritual, political, and economic transformation in their own communities
• Commitment to promoting and supporting gender policy and equity
• Commitment to equal opportunity and diversity policy and equity
7.7 Basic Mathematical and Numeric Skills
• Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Skill to locate routine mathematical errors
• Computation of rate, ratio and percent including the drafting and interpretation of Production reports
7.8 Personal Computer Operation
• Intermediate skills in personal computer operation
• Reporting and communication software programs - word processing, PowerPoint presentation, and spreadsheet
• Typing speed to meet production needs of the position.
8. KEY RELATIONSHIPS
• Management Team at all levels
• Production staff
• Stores &Procurement Officer
• Wood and Production Material Suppliers
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidate should send their CVs to:
14 Jul, 2022