Project Driver (9 Positions)
Duration of Initial Contract:
One (1) Year
Salary: GHS 7,760 - 10,590
(Annual Gross Salary)
• UNDP Ghana is currently recruiting project drivers to facilitate the transport services as required for the smooth implementation of various UNDP and other UN Agency projects. The project drivers will be based in Accra and various other locations.
• Under the guidance and supervision of the Project Manager and/or Operations Analyst, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
• The Driver provides driving services to project staff in various locations as well as operations and programme staff, Consultants and Experts and other UN staff on mission.
Summary of key function:
• Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving project vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required;
• Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
• Ensures proper day- to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.;
• Secondary Education;
• Valid Driver's license.
Qualification Required & Experience
• 2 Years work experience as a driver; safe driving record: knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
• Fluency in English
How To Apply For The Job
Please note: Follow the link below to view detailed job description and apply:
03 December, 2015
For United Nation Common System salaries, allowances and benefits for General Service Category (GS1 - GS7) and National Officer category (NOA - NOD), please visit: http://www.gh.undp.org/content/ghana/en/home/operations/jobs/
Manual application will not be accepted and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply