A reputable construction company in Ghana offers the following positions: Project Geotechnical Engineer Job Description
• Serve as the Project Geo-technical Engineer and interface with company staff and clients on geotechnical, soils laboratory, Seid inspections programme, and environmental related projects and related components of project Major Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
• Collect, analyse, and interpret geotechnical data for roads and other engineered structures,
• Conduct field investigations for geotechnical and environmental projects.
• Perform sampling and logging of drill holes and test pits.
• Provided field observations, data, maps and calculations in geology. geotechnical, and environmental reports.
• Provide project and site management of geotechnical and environmental projects to ensure worksite and project safety. (f) Conduct Standard Penetration Test (SPT), field tests for the identification of soils including grain size and gradation, toughness, dilatation, dry strength, etc.
• Provide investigation design, cost estimates, scope-of-work, contracts. and coordination for geotechnical investigations and soils laboratory analysis.
• Interface with other technical staff to coordinate geotechnical and environmental aspects of the project. Soils Laboratory
• Manage all aspects of soils mechanics laboratory tasks including scheduling, performing analysis, quality control/quality assurance, reporting, ordering supplies and equipment maintenance
• Perform geotechnical laboratory tests including sieve analysis, atterberg limits, specific gravity, moisture content, Proctor and modified Proctor Field Inspection Programme
• Provide oversight of Engineering Technicians work related to inspections of walls, road etc
• Provide oversight of the Nuclear Gauge programme
• Interface with Geotechnical and civil leads to schedule engineering technician field time and work products Teamwork and Leadership
• Maintain a positive working relationship with team members to interact with them on projects
• Collaborate with management and other teams to prioritise projects, workloads and needs
• Work with client to ensure projects are meeting their goals and needs communicate necessary adjustments to management, teams and owners
• Work within team to resolve internal conflicts and avoid escalation of issues
• Model appropriate professional standards, mentor junior staff and other team members as necessary Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Geotechnical Engineering with at least 15 years’ experience conducting field investigations.
• Experience conducting SPT, sample collection, field and laboratory analysis of soils.
• Experience in managing geotechnical, pavement, material testing and design mixes.
• Experience in evaluating sites for access of equipment and site workers safety.
• Experience with latest geotechnical engineering software such as Geo Studio, Geo5 and Flac3D and Microsoft Office Products. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience, working for Contractor on-site will be an added advantage. Location:
Ahafo Region How To Apply For The Job
Email the items below to: [email protected]
with the job title as the subject line:
• Letter of Interest/Cover Letter
• References (3 or more) Closing Date:
13 January, 2022