Duties and Responsibilities Summary of Key Functions: 1. Project management with technical assistance Support effective and timely implementation of the Ghana Shea Landscape Emission Reductions Project (and other projects as needed).
• Provide project management and technical support to the implementation of the Ghana Shea Landscape Emission Reductions Project and other projects assigned to him/her.
• Support the development of project work-plans that include all project activities and roles and responsibilities of the stakeholders and setting-out corresponding milestones.
• Monitor project activities and progress and support partners in ensuring that the agreed deliverables are produced satisfactorily according to plans. In doing so, effectively apply Result Based Management (RBM) tools.
• Provide technical and management support to partners to produce high-quality progress reports in line with UNDP and donor requirements.
• Support the management and monitoring of project risks, including social and environmental risks.
• Support completion of assessments required by UNDP, spot checks and audits.
• Support management of requests for the provision of UNDP financial resources.
• Support the capturing of lessons learned during project implementation.
• Support any review and evaluation processes for the project. ? Support procurement of goods and services (e.g. consultants). Qualification Required & Experience Education:
• Master’s degree or higher in project management, natural resource management, social sciences or closely related field. Completion of project management courses/diplomas is preferred. Experience:
• At least 2 years of project management experience.
• At least 2 years of experience in the area of forest management and/or environmental management.
• Demonstrated experience in liaising and co-operating with government officials, municipal authorities, academic institutions, NGOs and the private sector.
• Experience preparing knowledge products and communications material is an asset. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
30 April, 2021