The U.S. Agency for International Development in Accra, Ghana is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Project Management Specialist — Family Health in the Health, Population and Nutrition Office of USAID/Ghana. Reporting directly to the Deputy Office Director, the incumbent supervises an integrated team of technical specialists and manages an integrated portfolio of approximately $30 million USD per year.
• S/He is the key advisor for development and execution of all USAID/Ghana family health activities, including maternal and child health (MCH), family planning and reproductive health (FP/R11), water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), and social behaviour change and communication (SBCC).
• S/He is responsible for leading several global initiatives, including the Global Water Strategy, Family Planning 2020, and Ending Preventable Child and Maternal Deaths (EPCMD).
• The incumbent also supports the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) and the President's Malaria Initiative (PMI). Within family health, USAID works primarily with the Ministry of Health, Ghana Health Service, other development partners (particularly DfID, UNFPA, UNICEF, and WHO), the National Population Council, and the Ministry of Sanitation and Water Resources.
• As a member of the HPNO senior management team, the Family Health Team Lead represents USAID with senior host government donors, civil society and the private sector.
• S/He serves an advisory role to the Mission Director and Ambassador as the senior technical lead across all areas of family health. S/he leads the development, integration, and implementation of family health in the USAID/Ghana Country Development and Cooperation Strategy.
Qualification Required & Experience
Education & Prior Work Experience
• Successful completion of master's degree or host country equivalent in medicine, public health, health policy, nursing, behavioral or social science is required.
• At least seven (7) years of mid-to-senior level public health experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating family health programmes or other relevant public health programmes that involve coordination with an international agency or implementing partner is required.
• Level IV (fluency speaking/reading/writing) English language is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
MARKET VALUE: MARKET VALUE: GHC 155, 467.00 — GHC 233, 204.00
equivalent to FSN-12 in accordance with AIDAR Appendix J and the Local Compensation Plan of U.S. Embassy. Ghana
This position is open to Cooperative Country Nationals (an individual who is a Ghanaian citizen - or a non-Ghanaian citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in Ghana. All applicants must provide proof of eligible citizenship in their application. Non-Ghanaian citizens must attach copies of their permanent residence permit to their application to be eligible for consideration. No relocation expenses are provided to the job location, Accra-Ghana.. If transportation to Accra is required, it will be the employee's responsibility. Failure to provide the stated requirements will result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
The US Mission does not accept faxed or paper applications for open positions.
How To Apply For The Job
All interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements, must submit applications via email to:
All applicants must cite the position title and solicitation number Within the subject line, and attach a cover letter, current resume with at least three references of direct supervisors within the last five months from applicant's professional life, relevant certificates, a two-page supplementary document addressing the evaluation factors.
Attachments must include a signed Form AID 302-3 offer or information for PSC available at http://www.usaid.gov/form
and must be in a format compatible with Microsoft
Failure to provide the stated requirement result in a determination that the applicant is qualified.
29 February, 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted