• The Project Manager is part of SNV Country Office Team.
• The Project Manager leads and manages the planning, implementation of all components of the WASH Project within scope, budget, timeline and required quality levels along the commitments specified in the contracts signed with the donor(s) and other relevant stakeholders.
• The Project Manager works in line with SNV standards, SNV`s approach to project management and donor regulations, in order to achieve high quality, be compliant and achieve the agreed results and deliverables of the project.
• He/she shall ensures the project objectives and results are achieved with quality and to the expectation of the donor.
• He/she will provide technical leadership and managerial oversight of the project, including and among others, ensuring the timely and successful implementation of SNV’s work, reporting of activities and project deliverables, and overall coordination of the project in the implementing districts.
Duties & Responsibilities
The key responsibilities of the Project Manager will include the following:
Project set-up and design
• Initiates contract handover from the Business Development Team. Sets up and communicates administrative, governance, accounting, HR, M&E structures and procedures for the project. Initiates implementation of the project plan upon approval of donor(s) and/or country director, in accordance to the SNV project management procedures, relevant SNV structures and procedures, accounting principles, donor requirements and contracted commitments.
• Leads, manages and motivates the project team, partners and relevant stakeholders. Plans and assigns deliverables and activities, monitors and reviews their progress and addresses deviations in terms of timelines and quality, based on project planning, deliverables agreed and budget set. Manages project closure and evaluation process including hand-over of complete and up-to-date project file to Sector Leader, Country Director and Business Development unit based on project management procedures.
Project quality assurance
• Takes responsibility for the (technical) content of a project, ensures quality of the deliverables and ensures sufficient technical input to meet the quality standards.
Contract Management & Project Accounting
• Manages and accounts for full compliance of administrative, finance and HR components of the project with SNV internal procedures and requirements specified in the donor, sub-grant, sub-consultancy and partner. Ensures that approval for, coding and booking of all expenditures is done according to the relevant procedures and authorization levels. Prepares, accounts for, manages and reports on project budget (and revisions thereof). Discusses and obtains approval of donor for contract / budget deviations. Ensures security and (financial risk) mitigation (incl. due diligence). Fully understands procurement and comply with requirements and contracts.
People Management & Team Leadership
• Guides, develops, coaches and motivates team members and prepares resource estimation based on forecast in order to attract and recruit (SNV staff, consultants and/or service providers). Advises HR and country management on contract conditions for consultants and service providers within guidelines and project budget.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships with the team, external partners and the donor(s) by ensuring a high level of SNV visibility and branding. Signals and acts on potential for positioning, innovation, upscaling and potential follow up on projects. Timely recognizes and analyses threats and makes sure relevant colleagues are informed.
Analysis & Reporting
• Ensures collection, consolidation and review of project information, according to SNV’s monitoring and evaluation guidelines. Analyses and provides advice to management how to incorporate the new insights/best practices into the organization’s policies and practices.
• Contributes to internal and external knowledge development, by full documentation and sharing of project insights and results. Develops knowledge by attending workshops and conferences. Ensures lessons learned are shared and applied in daily practice. When applicable can be appointed as (national) focal point of an expertise network.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s Degree in International development, Business Administration, Water Supply and Sanitation Engineering, Sustainable Development or related field;
• Have at least seven (7) years’ experiences in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sector programmes in rural, peri-urban and urban environments and inter-sectoral working relationships, including within the environmental sciences, health and education development sector.
• Experience in Governance, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
• Hands-on experience working with national/regional/district structures to implement sustainable WASH programmes.
• Experience in establishing and maintaining effective partnerships and strategic alliances (Bilateral/Multilateral Donors, Local NGOs, Regional Bodies)
• Substantial experience establishing and managing donor relations;
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
18 November, 2021