Project Manager – Transforming Action for Gender Equality (TAGE) Location:
Accra with frequent travels to ActionAid Ghana operating regional areas. Duration:
Two (2) years six (6) months fixed term contract. Salary level:
ActionAid Ghana seeks to engage a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for the overall management, accountability and coordination of the Transformative Action for Gender Equality (TAGE) project in line with donor contract to achieve the stated results of the project. As
the Project Manager, you will be responsible for the overall management and coordination of the project aimed at improving gender equality and achieve a long-term reduction of prevalence of violence against women and girls across generations in Ghana. Job Purpose: (State major reason for the position)
• The role is responsible for the overall management, accountability and coordination of the project, including stakeholder engagements, in line with donor contract to achieve the stated results of the project.
• The role will oversee project coordination, undertake national advocacy, maintain regular consultations, communication, reporting, and provide scheduled feedback to relevant stakeholders Key Activities Work with relevant international, national and local partners, stakeholders and collaborators to ensure project takeaways influences inter-agency cooperation on transforming actions for gender equality.
• Develop annual critical pathways to ensure that project implementation plan leads to expected project outcomes and consistent
with the Priorities and Key Result Areas of the ActionAid Ghana (AAG) Country Strategy Plan (CSP).
• Develop elaborate project strategies to enhance effective implementation towards achievement of stated project results.
• Work closely with National and Regional Programmes and Advocacy Teams to ensure that project takeaways are mainstreamed into programme work before project completion.
• Anticipate project risks and take steps to mitigate them.
• Coordinate project activities and liaise with relevant Ministries, agencies, local partners, communities, project beneficiaries and other Job Description and Person Specification stakeholders to ensure effective project delivery and attainment of stated project results.
• Develop TORs, concept notes, and briefs for project research, reviews
and evaluation exercises
• Facilitate periodic reviews, reflections and planning meetings with communities, NGO partners and other stakeholders to inform project
strategies and plans.
• Lead in the development of tools, manuals and training resources needed to ensure successful project implementation.
• Lead project teams to conduct and validate pre-intervention assessments in target communities.
• Coordinate and supervise the implementation of all project activities to achieve their outputs, as indicated in the approved project document.
• Conduct relevant research to inform project implementation and disseminate relevant information to relevant stakeholders.
• Actively participate in the Annual Planning and Budgeting process of ActionAid Ghana.
• Convene, document and follow-up on the outcome of monthly project accountability meetings.
• Monitor compliance of project implementation in all regions and at the national level in line with the donor regulations and conditions of the contract including budget limits. Qualification Required & Experience
• The Candidate must hold at least a master’s degree in project management or relevant field with at least 5 years’ experience in the development sector and in senior management position.
• Candidate should have extensive experience in managing donor-funded projects strictly adhering to donor requirements and interest in working with women and girls across generations in Ghana. TECHNICAL (State core job knowledge/skills required for successful execution of the job)
• Knowledge and proven experience in project management, especially related to violence against women and gender equality.
• Current knowledge of factors underlying violence against women in Ghana and measures to prevent or eliminate them.
• Advanced skills in lobbying, advocacy and campaign initiatives
• Knowledge of Human Rights Based Approach to project implementation.
• Knowledge of strategic management principles
• Strong knowledge in women’s rights issues in Ghana
• Strong knowledge of gender issues and power dynamics
• Knowledge of developing concept notes and proposal
• Knowledge of contract management principles
• Strong knowledge of training models and principles
• Advanced skills in writing quality reports
• Knowledge of M&E principles
• Knowledge of management principles and planning processes
• Knowledge of Micro-Soft Office applications and social media MANAGERIAL (State core managerial knowledge/skills required for successful execution of the job)
• Ability and confidence to engage higher levels of external stakeholders such as government ministries, agencies, CSOs, donor organisations and local government structures.
• Ability to identify and evaluate alternative solutions to problems.
• Ability to take timely decisions.
• Ability to develop shared plans and monitor for achieving targets.
• Ability to motivate and provide coaching and technical support to team members when needed.
• Ability to make effective verbal and written presentations.
• Ability to write quality reports.
• Ability to facilitate meetings, focus group discussions and training
Do address the technical competencies in the application form point by point and in detail as it enables us to identify the skills, knowledge and experience you must have to be able to do the job effectively. Location:
Accra How to Apply For The Job
Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable. Click Here To Download Application Forms
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to: [email protected] ActionAid Ghana is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.”
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Closing Date:
04 February, 2022