• Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners.
• Plan International Ghana is looking for a Project Officer to work as part of a team of professionals to deliver high quality programming and results for a project titled “Women’s Voice and Leadership - Ghana”. The project will support local women’s rights organizations with grants and capacity development to strengthen their organizational development, programming and advocacy, and sustainability. It will further support collaboration and collective action to advance gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls. The project has a national reach and aims to support 98 Women’s Rights Organizations (WROs). The project started in April 2019, has a duration of five years, and a budget of over $3.2 million EUR. Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science or Gender studies, or Social work, and other related field with a minimum of 5 years substantial experience of which at least two years’ experience with NGOs.
• Demonstrated experience of working on gender equality and empowerment of women and girls and advocacy of equality and inclusion.
• Experience with a diverse set of stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including from policy-makers and senior management to local government and CSOs, as well as community leaders and beneficiaries.
• Experience in working with women development organizations,
• Grass-root development management experiences-understanding challenges and opportunities in the communities and field level realities of NGOs are desirable. Demonstrated behaviours needed by the postholder to successfully perform the role:
• Commitment to Plan International Ghana values Passion for gender equality, mission driven work and personal values
• Creates a strong sense of purpose within the portfolio and with stakeholders.
• Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines.
• A process-oriented working style, with the ability to be flexible and adaptable
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
• Relates to people in a friendly, open manner and engenders trust from other staff,
• Creates strong sense of purpose within organisation and with stakeholders,
• Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour,
• Promotes innovation and learning Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
23 April, 2021