The Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) has signed a contribution agreement with Global Affairs Canada (GAC) for a six-year project (2021-2027) entitled Partnerships for Municipal Innovation – Women in Local Leadership (PMI-WILL). PMI-WILL aims to enhance the enjoyment of rights for women and girls, in particular those from marginalized groups, in Benin, Cambodia, Ghana, Sri Lanka and Zambia. The project will use a two-pronged approach to achieve this goal:
• increasing the participation and enhancing the role of women as leaders and decision-makers in local governance
• increasing the effectiveness of local governments in delivering inclusive, gender-responsive municipal services.
FCM will implement the project in collaboration with national Local Government Associations (LGAs) in each country, selected local governments/municipalities and other selected partners, including relevant Ministries, CSOs and women’s rights organizations. FCM will mobilize Canadian municipal practitioners and elected officials from FCM’s membership to provide peer-to-peer technical assistance.
The project field office is based in Ghana and covers all 5 countries, supported by FCM head office in Ottawa, Canada. Major Purpose
• Reporting to the Project Director and working closely with the Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Specialist and the Local Governance Specialist, the Project Officer (PO) will provide project management, coordination, administrative and logistical support to build municipal capacity.
• His/her support will contribute to delivering and reporting on activities related to women as leaders and decision-makers in local governance and delivering inclusive, gender-responsive municipal services across the 5 partner countries.
• With guidance from the team, the Project Officer will oversee the design, logistics and delivery of capacity building events (both online and in person), coordination of participation in regional and global networking events and project planning meetings. The Officer also supports the collection and reporting of project results data and the development of knowledge products. Key Responsibilities
• Support the delivery of activities developed by the PMI-WILL specialists using a common approach, including awareness-raising and capacity development activities for municipal staff, elected officials and partners priority areas, both online and in person.
• Support the development of content or contract consultants to develop content for common project capacity development activities.
• Support the development of TORs for project-related research and review draft research reports.
• Leads the development and delivery of information resources, guidebooks, tools and activities to promote uptake of these. Develops and deploys strategies for optimal impact and reach.
• Coordinate and support the delivery of learning events for partner stakeholders, the Global Partnership Group meetings, and project planning and review meetings, including logistical arrangements.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of effective and innovative capacity building tools and approaches and supports knowledge sharing through the project’s Knowledge Hub.
• Coordinates regional and international networking events for selected participants from partner countries, including logistical arrangements.
• Maintains records and where required, follows up with partners in regard to data required for monitoring project results against targets.
• Designs and develops program content for PMI-WILL events. Qualification Required & Experience Knowledge and Experience
• Legally entitled to work in Ghana
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience designing and delivering initiatives which connect diverse stakeholders (e.g. government, not-for-profits, private sector, etc.), build local capacity and measure impacts.
• University degree in community development, public administration, or a related discipline with knowledge of organizational change and capacity development.
• Knowledge and experience in the area of gender equality and inclusion, local governance and program management, and knowledge of the municipal sector structure, needs, and capacity considered an asset.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral). Includes the ability to coordinate and work with multi-disciplinary teams, lead meetings and make formal presentations to high-level audiences.
• Excellent interpersonal, ‘customer-service’ approach and influencing skills with the ability to establish support and credibility at all levels within the team and with our partners.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Ability to spearhead and work independently on projects using excellent judgement.
• Excellent project management skills with strong ability to multi-task.
• Ability to administer small budgets, allocating funds for events or travel support, correcting for variances as needed.
• Capacity to work in a changing environment and willingness to take on new or evolving responsibilities. Language
• The ability to work in both English and French is required.
The Federation of Canadian Municipalities is committed to fostering an organizational culture that embraces equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging, where individuals from diverse racial and ethnic identities, nationalities, social economic status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression and physical and mental abilities can thrive and be fully engaged at their best level.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Location:
Accra How to Apply For the Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
19 June, 2022