TREE AID is an international development organization formed in 1987 in the UK and it is working in the drylands of Africa, supporting the rural poor to escape from climate variabilities and protect the environment. TREE AID has operations in Ghana, Mali, Niger, Burkina Faso, and now Senegal. The head office of TREE AID is located in Bristol UK and the West Africa office is located in Burkina Faso. In Ghana, TREE AID is working more in the five (5) regions of northern Ghana. JOB DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE:
Ghana Shea Landscape Emission Reduction Project (GSLERP) Project Officer OVERALL AIM:
To lead TREE AID’s project implementation in the Northern Region of Ghana. The role will be to work with partners and stakeholders to implement activities to time and budget, whilst ensuring the expected impacts for targeted communities through good monitoring and reporting. REPORT TO:
Ghana Country PROGRAMME Manager (GCPM) JOB DURATION:
One year period renewable subject to funding availability and and demonstrated performance Duty Station:
Based in Yendi with scope of working in Gusheigu municipality and Mion district Objectives 1
Guide and Support communities on the implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation of projects 2
Support the development of TREE AID Ghana’s wider programme 3
Project Monitoring and evaluation 4
Perform other duties MAIN TASKS
• Guide and Support communities on the implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation of projects
• Lead in the day to day field implementation of project activities.
• Lead on Tree Aid’s initiatives to working with stake holders to increase project impacts
• Coordinate efforts in ensuring the continuous availability of natural resources upon which rural enterprises rely on.
• Mobilise community members into formidable working clusters to jointly undertake environmental protection and management initiatives.
• Promote community governance systems geared towards natural resources management.
• Provide capacity building of project beneficiaries to enable them effectively and efficiently for a common purpose.
• Provide technical, financial and project management advice and recommendations to partners/stakeholders where appropriate.
• Facilitate the development of livelihood options on natural resource base and improved market orientation and linkages.
• Support the development of TREE AID Ghana’s wider programme
• Support the identification and tracking of opportunities for new projects development in Ghana in line with TREE AID strategy plan.
• Contribute to the identification and formulation of activities to enhance Community resilience to climate variability through improved local adaptation knowledge in Ghana.
• Liaise with local partners/stakeholders on TREE AID’s natural resources management in formulating and developing appropriate complementary component resource management and conservation initiatives in Ghana.
• Support arrangements for and co-facilitating programme training workshops.
• Carry out any other tasks related to programme work as agreed with your line manager
• Project Monitoring and evaluation
• Liaise with communities to secure accurate and timely project reports, providing clear Terms of Reference and ensuring consistency with TREE AID reporting requirements.
• Provide support to develop and maintain arc GIS supported maps and platform for keeping a database of key project outcomes and producing suitable products for outreach.
• Lead in the processing of project reports, summarising reports for the Ghana Country Programme Manager, including follow-ups on communities feedback.
• Liaise with local partners/stakeholders to plan for regular field monitoring visits, drawing on issues identified in the assessments of recent project reports and previous monitoring visits reports, and undertake and report on these visits.
• Contribute to evaluate projects, including end of Project assessments and post project evaluation studies.
• Lead project team to iteratively review project progress
• Where appropriate, represent TREE AID Ghana at meetings and workshops relevant to TREE AID’s work as agreed with the GCPM
• Be prepared to undertake visits to all of TREE AID focus countries when required
• Carry out other tasks as agreed with the GCPM. Key performance areas
• Implementing effective mechanisms and procedures that support development across the entire TREE AID program, incorporate best practices from the project logframe;
• Ensuring fair representation in all debates and dialogues concerning TREE AID Program in Ghana and the valuation of program themes and promoting the voices of people experiencing poverty and other marginalized groups;
• Maintaining good communication and networking relationships with all staff based in the UK and West Africa as well as with TREE AID partners and other TREE AID contacts; Key relationships
• Country program Manager, Ghana
• Head of Programmes, West Africa
• Director of Operations (West Africa Operations)
• MEL (Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning) Advisor, UK Qualification Required & Experience
• First degree in Natiural resources management, Rural Development, Agriculture and forestry or related field. A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
• At least 3 years’ experience in similar role
• Experience in projet design, theory of change and reporting
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
• Fluency in spoken and written, English; knowledge in French is desirable.. Knowledge in the local spoken language is an advantage.
• Cultural competence and the ability to work well in an international environment, with people of all cultures and outlooks;
• Ability ride a motorbike with authorised license Desirable traits
• Ability to use different Apps for data collection;
• Excellent writing skills and adaptable style. Ability to write essays, TOR, guides, summary sheets and experience capitalisation reports for planning, monitoring and evaluation; Sound knowledge of software, computational tools, computer programming; electronic communication systems, data processing systems and M&E;
• Aptitude for communication and the facilitation of training workshops, study seminars, and other meetings;
• Keen ability to analyse and synthesise information;
• Expertise in GIS (Geographical Information Systems);
• Results-driven approach, ability to work well under pressure;
• Sociable, polite, good rapport, team building with professionalism. Ability to meet deadlines, results oriented and trustworthy.
• Adhere to Tree Aid values, missions and objectives Location:
Yendi How To Apply For The Job
Qualified and interested candidates should send their cover letters and CVs to the address below:
Email: [email protected]
Copy: [email protected] Closing Date:
31 July, 2022
Women are encouraged to apply