NGO / International Agencies
Job Vacancy For Project Officer
The Ghana-West Africa Program to Combat AIDS and STI (WAPCAS) is a local Civil Society Organisation (CSO) that has been operating in Ghana since 1996. WAPCAS has been implementing HIV and STI prevention programmes targeting key affected and vulnerable populations with funding support from different donor partners including the Global Fund.
Currently, WAPCAS is one of thc Principal Recipients (PR) of the Global Fund New Funding Model II project for HIV/TB and Malaria.WAPCAS is managing Key Population (KP), Human Rights (HR) and Community System Strengthening (CSS) interventions.
To ensure effective implementation of the grant, WAPCAS requests applications from qualified and resourceful individuals to be engaged as Project Officer.
The Project officer is responsible for designing, guiding and directing the day-to-day project activities as well as providing both administrative and technical supervision on the field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare quarterly work plans and share with HQ using targets assigned for the period,
• Plan, organise and run IEC and BCC activities in the KP communities.
• Share targets and tasks to individual Peer Educators (PEs)
• Supervise and monitor activities of PE to ensure that they are working and provide timely feedback to strengthen fieldwork
• Facilitate the identification of new hotspots for intervention.
• Develop and submit a plan for monitoring activities in your respective sites.
• Organise weekly meetings with the PES to assess progress of work, plan strategies to address challenges, review and clean data collected.
• Liaise with beneficiary groups (FSW), Peer educators, and relevant stakeholders for input in identifying innovative ways of implementing programme activities
• Manage the activities at the drop-in-centres (DICs)
• Organise logistical support and maintain stock levels of commodities and materials for outreach activities.
• Maintain an inventory of both Old and new equipment/items in your site
• Represent WAPCAS in all meetings that may require your presence in your respective areas.
• Liaise with the district assemblies and other stakeholders to ensure that WAPCAS' contribution to the district's HIV response is acknowledged.
• Prepare and submit monthly project reports and other professional documents as appropriate and promptly.
• Support the continuous capacity-building sessions for PEs.
• Appraise the performance of the PE continually and at the end of the project year.
• Document and share experiences in various sites.
• Other duties as and when necessary.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Sociology or a related field in Social Science.
• Three (3) years' experience in project implementation
• Experience in working in the area of HIV and AIDS would be an added advantage
How To Apply For The Job
All applications should be submitted to;
The Executive Director
Ghana-West Africa Program to Combat AIDS and STI (WAPCAS)
Post Office Box AT 1010
Achimota - Accra
Closing Date: 23 September, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.