CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. Our mission around the world is to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. Our Core Values describe who we are, what we do, and how we do it. Transformation
We believe in urgent action, innovation, and the necessity of transformation – within the world and our own organization. Integrity
We are accountable to the people and partners we humbly serve, transparently sharing our results, stories and lessons. Diversity
We know that by embracing differences, actively including a variety of voices, and joining together we can solve the world’s most complex problems. Equality
We believe in the equal value of every human being and the importance of respecting and honoring each individual; we know that change happens through people. Excellence
We challenge ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance, tapping the best of human spirit to create impact. Job Description
CARE has a vision of a world of hope where all live in dignity and security… do you want to help us achieve this vision?
CARE International in Ghana is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Project Officer for PROSPER II PROJECT. PROSPER II is a 3-year project that seeks to strengthen the financial inclusion of women in cocoa-farming households, empower women through agricultural and non-agricultural livelihood options, improve nutrition and strengthen the capacity of communities to advocate for more inclusive governance structures. PROSPER II will work in 156 communities in the Western Region of Ghana and associated with Cargill’s supply chain with focus aligned with Cargill’s core pillars of addressing farmer livelihoods, food security and nutrition and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
PROSPER II will be operational in 7 cocoa districts – Sefwi-Wiawso, Asawinso, Anhwiaso, Awaso, Debiso, Essam and Asempaneye, all in the Western Region of Ghana. The ultimate aim of the PROSPER project is to improve food security and nutrition and social economic empowerment of cocoa farming households. Job Summary:
• The Project Officer will be based in Kumasi and will be required to travel to project communities in the Western region at agreed periods.
• The PO will report directly to the PROSPER Project Manager, based in Kumasi.
• He/She will be responsible for project planning and implementation activities, report writing and any adhoc project activities that may come up. Key Responsibilities:
• Ensure systematic and effective implementation of project activities through including but not limited to extensive and regular field visits, and implementing corrective measures to keep the project on the right track for achieving the planned results;
• Work with M&E to monitor project implementation against work-plan;
• Work with project team to generate all project reports incorporating data from M&E for review by project manager;
• Organize regular meetings for the project team members to assess work progress, discuss challenges and constraints, and provide guidance and support;
• Identify and obtain any support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project.
• Liaise with M&E Officer, Communication Officer and Women Economic Empowerment officer for regular documentation of project learning and best practices;
• Facilitate and organize quarterly District Stakeholder and project team review meetings;
• Support the PM in dissemination of information and knowledge generated through the project widely and effectively.
• Support the PM to design, develop and implement project strategies and plans, ensuring they are in line with the project objectives, strategies and principles, and CARE’s mission and vision;
• Support the PM to design and implement project approaches and methodologies aiming towards community empowerment, partner capacity building, partnerships and policy influence as well as lesson learning;
• Develop and update quarterly work plans and expenditure plans based on the agreed annual work-plan;
• Organize planning meetings with relevant parties to develop work-plans and with clearly stated milestones contributing to the achievement of target outputs defined in the project document;
• Conduct periodic field visits to field offices to ensure efficient and timely implementation of the project activities;
• Support M&E Officer on design project monitoring and evaluation plan.
• Coordinating and supervising activities of Project Facilitators;
• Ensure reporting timelines are complied with for all internal and donor reports;
• Facilitate linkages, learning and synergy between the project and other Sub Office projects;
• Contribute as required to the development of new program initiatives in the sub office. Qualification Required & Experience
• A good first degree from a recognized university preferably in agriculture, social science, community development, education, Management Information System, Project Management experience
• Three years post qualification experience in a cocoa community development project management environment
• Relevant experience in capacity building activities and working with cocoa farming communities, CBOs, traditional institutions, NGOs and public sector agencies
• Strategic and conceptual thinking ability, Critical thinking, creative and analytical
• Excellent communication skills and good team player
• Experience in facilitating linkages, relationship building and networking
• Experienced in smallholder agri-business and capacity building
• Experience in microfinance, livelihoods, IGA and VSLA methodology is an added advantage
• Good speaking and writing skills in English and ability to communicate in Twi (Akan
• Communication Skills: Well developed written and oral communication skills in English. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders (strong demonstrable report writing skills).
• Strong facilitation, People Skills, Integrity and Resilience / Adaptation and flexibility
• Ability to multitask and work within deadlines;
• Proficient in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
• Communication and Public Relations Experience Location:
Kumasi How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs to the HR Officer, CARE International in Ghana or electronically to: [email protected] PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR. Closing Date:
27 February, 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applicants should be aware that CARE has zero tolerance for fraud and corruption, and toward any kind of harassment, exploitation and abuse.
At CARE, we know that recruiting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce is critical to achieving our mission of ending global poverty. CARE defines "diversity" beyond the regular classifications of gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability, and includes diversity of perspectives that uphold CARE's core values. Our goal is to create and maintain a work environment that promotes diversity in everything we do. We are also committed to creating and maintaining a safe work environment for our staff, partners and beneficiaries with specific attention to protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child protection. OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY