ActionAid(AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid International is seeking to employ experienced and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:- Project Officer For Child Marriage Project - UNICEF Funded Project
The role is responsible for directly implementing project activities which includes working with project partners to ensure realisation of project objectives.
• Undertake appropriate interventions to build greater self-confidence, esteem and capacities for young women to realise their rights.
• Engage traditional leaders and communities to highlight their abhorrence of child marriage
• Provide hand holding support to partner and young girls aged 12-17 years to improve their knowledge, skills and attitude to resist child marriage
• Gather information to build AAG's perspective in issues relating to child marriage for regional and national engagement
• Monitor and report on planned activities
Qualification Required & Experience
• The candidate must hold a degree in social sciences with at least 2 years relevant experience and proven track record in the development sector that translates into the following competencies:
• Knowledge of the Convention on the Rights of the Child and the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women
• Knowledge of the principles of child protection
• Experienced in community facilitation
• Have a warm and friendly disposition
• Ability to control anger, frustration, tension and nervousness, especially in conflict situations
• Ability to explore opportunities and accomplish task with minimum supervision
• Ability to make correct assessment of situations and make the right decisions
This is a two(2) year fixed term employment contract on national terms and conditions. The location for the post is Accra with frequent travel within Ghana.
Monthly Base Salary Range: GH2,401.00 - GH4,066.00
How To Apply For The Job
Curriculum Vitae(CVs) are not acceptable. Application Forms Must be downloaded from the link below:
Click Here To Download Application Form
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:-
or forwarded to:-
The Head of HROD/Administration
P.O. Box AN 19083,
Tel: 0244-316392 / 0289-109560
18 November, 2015