Christian Aid is an international non-governmental organisation that works with partners to end poverty. At the heart of this vision is transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty and empowering them to have a brighter future.
Christian Aid in Ghana is working for transformational change that significantly improves the lives of poor and marginalised men and women and brings about a fair and just society. We work with different local partners and support them with varying resources to enable them deliver on programmes that enable active citizenship and social mobilisation, economic empowerment and participation in policy making and monitoring in Ghana. We deliver our programmes through three key strategic objectives namely:
• Strengthened democratic governance: Citizens are empowered to participate effectively in decision making and demand accountability from increasingly responsive duty bearers
• Market Access for the poor: Poor farmers are empowered and can access the services, assets and markets they need for a resilient livelihood
• Equal development for all: Issues of women and other marginalised groups are effectively integrated into governance and economic policies Job Summary
• Christian Aid Ghana is looking for a highly qualified project officer who will assist the Programme Coordinator for a DFID funded FP2020 programme.
• The role will provide Programme and business systems support to enable the effective and efficient delivery of the FP2020 programme commitments in a devolved context. The function will play a key role within a small dedicated support team and the post holder will work closely with programme and support staff across 10 countries under FP2020. The role is line managed by the Programme Coordinator (FP2020).
• The role will be required to provide monitoring, reporting and technical support and ensure the logistical functioning of the Family Planning platforms. The role will also serve as M&E focal point in-country, with 30% of the role dedicated to results. The role will require you to support partner capacity, manage partner compliance functions and may change according to country Programme needs.
• You will have Familiarity with programme cycle management approaches and tools including participatory planning, monitoring and evaluation. Qualification Required & Experience
• The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills and a good understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning.
• You will be well organized and able to learn complex systems and result based monitoring and documentation. This role will have direct links with partners on routine basis as the primary focus, building strong links with external and internal stakeholders and colleagues at all levels ensuring effective support is provided to the overall FP2020 programme.
• You will travel to the field 50 % of your time.
• You are also required to have a degree in statistics or a related field and an NGO experience will be a plus. • Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation as well as a sound knowledge of family planning issues and it’s; related advocacy and government accountability issues is desirable.
• Detailed knowledge of office programmes including MS Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and Excel.
• Strong IT skills with programme cycle management approaches and tools – including participatory planning, monitoring and evaluation.
• The successful candidate will have competencies in building partnerships, realising potential, stewardship over resources Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
To apply for this post, please visit www.christianaid.org.uk/jobs to apply online and upload your CV. If you have any queries regarding this advert, please contact:- [email protected] Closing Date:
15 September, 2015
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.