Job Vacancy For Project Officer At TRIAS Ghana (Bolgatanga)
TRIAS Ghana is a branch of TRIAS Belgium, an international NGO headquarters in Brussels, that works to improve-the Livelihood security of small entrepreneurs and small scale farmers in developing countries especially in Africa and Latin America. Since 2008, the Regional Office of Trias, Ghana has been implementing a three-year programme in partnership with 12 Rural and community Banks (RCBs) in the three Northern Regions of Ghana aimed at increasing the access of their target groups to adequate appropriate and quality micro-financial services in a sustainable way. From 2011 to 2013, Trais Ghana intends to expand the scope of the programme to include the organisational and institutional strengthening of some Member based Organisations (MBOs)
• Title : Project Officer
• Organization: Trias Ghana
• Duty Station: Bolgatanga (with regular travelling within and to the Northern and Upper West Region).
• Duration: 1 year, with possibility of renewal
• Reports to: Country Representative, Trias Ghana
Trias Ghana is a non-governmental organization whose aim is to improve the livelihood security of micro entrepreneurs and small scale family farmers in northern Ghana. In September 2015, the Northern Rural Growth Porgram (NRGP) awarded a grant to Trias to implement a 1 year Guinea Fowl Value Chain Project. The project aims at increasing income from guinea fowl production in rural households on sustainable basis. The project wants to develop an inclusive and profitable guinea fowl value chain to generate agricultural surplus production and orient it towards remunerative markets in southern Ghana.
The expected results of the project are:
• Female guinea fowl farmers in the three northern regions of Ghana empower themselves, allowing for their active participation in guinea fowl farmers organizations and active involvement in services aiming at improving production and sales capacities.
• The internal capacities of Guinea fowl farmers’ organizations and their base groups in the three northern regions of Ghana have been strengthened allowing for democratic management and control of their organisations and their resources.
• Guinea fowl farmers organizations in the three regions of northern Ghana in collaboration with strtegic partners are able to facilitate better access to financial and non-financial services to their members to increase production and marketing of guinea fowls resulting in increased incomes and improved livelihood of their members.
For effective implementation of the project. Trias Ghana is looking for a young, dynamic and experienced person to fill the position of project officer.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Coordinate the implementation of the project activities in the 3 regions of Northern Ghana.
• Provide institutional and organisation strengthening for the target producer organisations from the primary to secondary level.
• Provide technical and organisational support to ensure the active functioning of the Value Chain Committees.
• Actively liaise with other collaborating institutions such as Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MOFA), Aggregators, Micro-Finance Institutions and other value chain actors to provide services to the target farmers.
• Collect relevant information and maintain an information database and submit timely activity reports according to project reporting guidelines.
• Represent Trias in relevant meetings as may be required.
• Carryout any other task assigned by his / her superiors.
Negotiable, but within prevailing market rates offered by similar NGOs in Northern Ghana.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A bachelor’s degree in agriculture, preferably in animal science/husbandry and with at least 3 years’ experience with farmer organisations or in the field of value chain development.
• A degree in development studies with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in working with farmer organisations in the field of value chain development would also be considered.
• A Master’s degree in agriculture or development studies with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
• Demonstrated experience in project cycle management
• Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated experience in working with Farmer Based Organizations and value chain development. Experience in agricultural marketing would be an asset
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation.
• Be pro-active, a team player, with good communication skills, able to work with little supervision and able meet deadlines.
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and internet applications) is a must
• Sufficient knowledge and working experience of Northern Ghana will be a great advantage.
• Be available to take up the job in less than one month after interview
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and eligible persons may e-mail their application letter with current Curriculum Vitae (CV) to:
P.O. Box 778
Closing Date: 09 October, 2015