SB5 Duration of Initial Contract:
One (1) Year Duty Station:
Accra Salary: GHS 49,070-62,320
(Annual Gross Salary) Background:
• Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager the Project Officer shall support formulation management and evaluation of project activities relating to J-PASS Project
• The Project Officer works in close collaboration with the UNDP Governance Team, CO, Programme and Operation teams and Development Partners with overall supervisor of the Project Manager.
• The Joint Party Support and Strengthening (J-PASS) project builds on previous UNOP initiatives to promote increased public confidence and participation in elections, promote increased trust in political parties and in election results, and promote increased participation of women and youth in decision making processes in political party democracy.
• J-PASS recognizes that internal democracy, gender equality and election results monitoring are key to improving public and political party confidence, with particular focus for the 2016 elections.
• J-PASS Project is situated under the ambit of the UNDP Governance Programme and the Project team will be based In UNOP Ghana Office.
• The project will be Implemented with the five parties (CPP, NDC, NPP, PNC, PPP) participating as equals This is a 25 year project. Summary Key Roles:
• Support the Project Manager in providing policy advice on deepening political parties' internal democracy, empowering women and youth.
• Lead as maybe delegated by the Manager in coordinating the implementation of the J-PASS project.
• Support in Resource Mobilization ,and Strategic Partnerships to support the J-PASS Project Qualification Required & Experience Education:
• Advanced University Degree in preferably in Political Science, law, International or Social Studies, Development Studies or any other related held;
• Master degree (backed up With post masters practical experience) in these fields is an advantage Experience:
• Minimum of five (5) years of cross-cutting experience at the national level in providing technical/advisory services on such areas as governance, gender, women's empowerment, youth development, participatory policies and the related fields
• Hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects is an asset;
• Previous experience working in Ghana or African sub region on elections, governance or related issues and knowledge of UN or International development procedures will be an advantage.
• Language: Fluency in English. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Follow the link below to view detailed job information and mode of application: Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
22 October, 2015
For United Nations Common System salanes, allowances and benefits for General Services Category (GS1-GS7) and National Officer category (NOA - NOD). please visit: http://www.gh.undp.org/content/ghana/en/home/operations/jobs/
Manual application will not be accepted and only short-listed candidates will be contacted,
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply,