World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
World Vision Ghana (WVG) is looking for a highly qualified, proactive, motivated and resourceful person to fill the position of Project Officer Position. Job Summary
The Project Officer will be responsible for Building relationship within communities as catalyst, broker and facilitator, working with partners and various stakeholders towards high community involvement, support and participation in program planning & implementation with involvement of relevant stakeholders. The Package
• The position is based in the Eastern Region with some level of domestic/international travel.
• The position comes with an attractive salary package.
• S/He reports to the Project Coordinator Key Responsibilities
• Map and Identify new partners within and outside target communities.
• Support project coordinator in effective project planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting process relevant to assigned areas to enhance community participation and ownership of project activities.
• Facilitate an on-going community- led co-creation and design process and monitor implementation to ensure that project interventions reflect the needs, opportunities, and capacity of the community.
• Support communities and partners in reflection and other learning processes so that lessons are incorporated to inform future work.
• Explore career and skills development to enhance performance and efficiency so that capacity development and transformation of- volunteers and CBOs is enhanced. Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc Nutrition, Public Health or related fields.
• At least 2 to 3 years experience in Community Development facilitation and research.
• Prior experience in integrated nutrition, health and food security programming is preferred
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Good development facilitation skills, including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity of community groups/ partners.
• Strong communicator at all levels with interpersonal skills, ability and commitment to listen to others
• Demonstrate commitment to the empowerment of the poor in rural communities
• Prior experience in Microenterprise Development.
• Working knowledge of Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD), formally CIDA) regulations.
• Working knowledge of programs/projects cycle management.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and key partners
• Experience in community entry and mobilization and development facilitation
• Working knowledge of proposal writing and negotiation skills
• Experience in research
• Good planning and organizational skills Location:
Eastern Region How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application letters and CV quoting only the Job Position in the subject line to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
25 August, 2015 As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.