Self Help International is a non-profit non-governmental organisation based in Kumasi and cvorking in rural communities in the Ashanti Region to alleviate hunger by helping people help themselves. Current programme areas focus on Women and Girls Empowerment, Maternal and Child Nutrition and Agricultural Entrepreneurship.
Project Officer, Micro Loans For Rural Women
Duties and responsibilities
• The candidate shall be responsible for managing and growing the micro loans programme.
• S/he shall animate both existing and new rural communities on the aims and objectives of the programme, mobilise new clients Into groups andtrain them to be all time cohesive, receive applications from clients, review and give approval. facilitate disbursement of loans to clients and ensure successful recovery of all loans.
• Monitor operations of both new and old clients and provide necessary training for their businesses to expand
Qualification Required & Experience
• The applicant, preferably a woman, must have a minimum of a first degree in either Agribusiness. Financial Management, Entrepreneurship, Social Studies or any related discipline.
• Applicant must have a minimum of three years post-qualification experience.
Desirable at tributes shall include:
• Entrepreneurial Spirit
• Ability to creatively assess programme design and implementation
• Strong report writing skills
• Community entry, animation and sensitization
• Group formation. development and training
• Conflict prevention, detection and resolution
• Enterprise formation and expansion
• Record keeping
• Loans management
• Ability to establish good rapport with clients/trainees with limited formal education
• Carrier of a valid driver's or rider's licence, or c willingness to secure one immediately upon hire
• Fluent in Twi
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should submit CV and Cover Letter to any of the addresses below:
P.O. Box KS 7231,
Or Email to:
You may call 03220-81973
for any clarification
31 May, 2019